+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Last minute questions - Please help

winterdiva

Dec 18, 2017
London
AOR Received.
04-08-2018
Dear all,
We are about to submit our application (got our ITA). Please can someone help with the below questions:

Our background: My husband is the main applicant. We are a family of 4 applying (husband + me + 2 children).

1. I have work history but I am not submitting evidence (we are not getting any points for my work ex). Is it okay to say "no" in work history. I've given the info in personal history section. ( I will also mention this in the letter of explanation)

2. My husband has over 10 years of work ex. We specified only 3.5 years in the work history section and we are submitting evidence for this (employer letter). We gave full info in the personal history section. Is this okay? Apart from the employer letter, should we submit anything else?

3. My husband's job code is 2171 (Business Analyst). The letter from his employer lists his role as "Business Analyst/Project Manager" with the below job description. Is this okay?

4. Should we be filling any form to authorise CIC to verify our documents? ( I remember seeing this somewhere?)

5. Apart from the documents requested, would you recommend we upload anything else to support our application?

Thank you

hope2018

Champion Member
Mar 14, 2018
Dear all,
We are about to submit our application (got our ITA). Please can someone help with the below questions:

Our background: My husband is the main applicant. We are a family of 4 applying (husband + me + 2 children).

1. I have work history but I am not submitting evidence (we are not getting any points for my work ex). Is it okay to say "no" in work history. I've given the info in personal history section. ( I will also mention this in the letter of explanation)

2. My husband has over 10 years of work ex. We specified only 3.5 years in the work history section and we are submitting evidence for this (employer letter). We gave full info in the personal history section. Is this okay? Apart from the employer letter, should we submit anything else?

3. My husband's job code is 2171 (Business Analyst). The letter from his employer lists his role as "Business Analyst/Project Manager" with the below job description. Is this okay?

4. Should we be filling any form to authorise CIC to verify our documents? ( I remember seeing this somewhere?)

5. Apart from the documents requested, would you recommend we upload anything else to support our application?

Thank you
1. No issues with this approach, very common
2. As long as letter is as per cic requirements then nothing additional is needed.
3. Title can be anything, more important is R&R.
4. There is no such option, if there was one, nobody will face any issues :)
5. If everything is in order as asked for nothing else is needed.

winterdiva

Dec 18, 2017
London
AOR Received.
04-08-2018
1. No issues with this approach, very common
2. As long as letter is as per cic requirements then nothing additional is needed.
3. Title can be anything, more important is R&R.
4. There is no such option, if there was one, nobody will face any issues :)
5. If everything is in order as asked for nothing else is needed.
Thank you.

EE456

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
If you have work experience you're not claiming points for, you still have to answer yes to that. If you're asked for proof and are unable to provide it, you can explain that in your LOE and that you're not claiming points for it because it's not a Canadian work experience.

winterdiva

Dec 18, 2017
London
AOR Received.
04-08-2018
If you have work experience you're not claiming points for, you still have to answer yes to that. If you're asked for proof and are unable to provide it, you can explain that in your LOE and that you're not claiming points for it because it's not a Canadian work experience.
Thanks.

Aman6591

May 9, 2018
Hi,

I received my ETA about 2.5 months back and am in the final phases of uploading all my documents and submitting the fee. I am the primary applicant and my husband is the spouse applicant.

Since the past 4 months we have been depositing money to my savings account in india from my husbands salary account in dubai to have the required funds for my POF.

In the POF section i have put my savings account details and letter from the bank confirmting the balances.

In the LOE section i explained the above and put the monthly transfer reciepts and both bank account statements that reflects the monthly transfers (i highlighted them with comments)

I have no debts from the bank in india, however my husband has a few loans from the bank in dubai which he took many years back.

Now i have 2 questions:

1) Do i need to provide the letter (as per cic requirements) from the bank in dubai or just the Savings account in india is sufficient?

2) the letter i got from the bank in india has all details except any details about my debts. The bank is not ready to put this in the letter since i have no debts with the bank. I only hold a savings account with them. No credit cards and no loans.

Thanks

EE456

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
Hi,

I received my ETA about 2.5 months back and am in the final phases of uploading all my documents and submitting the fee. I am the primary applicant and my husband is the spouse applicant.

Since the past 4 months we have been depositing money to my savings account in india from my husbands salary account in dubai to have the required funds for my POF.

In the POF section i have put my savings account details and letter from the bank confirmting the balances.

In the LOE section i explained the above and put the monthly transfer reciepts and both bank account statements that reflects the monthly transfers (i highlighted them with comments)

I have no debts from the bank in india, however my husband has a few loans from the bank in dubai which he took many years back.

Now i have 2 questions:

1) Do i need to provide the letter (as per cic requirements) from the bank in dubai or just the Savings account in india is sufficient?

2) the letter i got from the bank in india has all details except any details about my debts. The bank is not ready to put this in the letter since i have no debts with the bank. I only hold a savings account with them. No credit cards and no loans.

Thanks
Indian account if it shows enough funds maintained for the last 6 months.
The letter should be fine as long as you can prove that the bank refused to provide that info. You can write an affidavit and notarize it saying you don't have debts at the Indian bank.

Reactions: Aman6591

Aman6591

May 9, 2018
Indian account if it shows enough funds maintained for the last 6 months.
The letter should be fine as long as you can prove that the bank refused to provide that info. You can write an affidavit and notarize it saying you don't have debts at the Indian bank.
Okay thank you.
I will be writing a letter then and get it notarized.

EE456

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
So a bank letter according to CIC requirements will be enough. Of course, you mention that the bank had refused to provide you with the no outstanding debt confirmation. Write an affidavit that you have no outstanding debts and that should be fine.

Aman6591

May 9, 2018
You're welcome. Good luck
Hi I have one more question
I have around 3.5 years of experience. 2.5 from the past employer for which I have all the docs required. But my current employer is not providing me with the reference letter with the job duties and responsibilities.

So i am attaching the following documents:
1. Reference letter (stating my salary, position, employment dates)
2. Offer letter
3. Business card
4. Payslips for 6 months
5. Job description (printed on a plain paper - not signed by anyone)
6. few other documents issued by the company confirming my employment with them

I am thinking of also attaching my bank statements for 6 months that reflects the salary credited. However, will I also have to then attached the letter from this bank with the loan details and other requirements? Or just bank statements attached in the employment records section be sufficient?

Please note that this is not the account that I am maintaining my POF in.