+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

last few questions.

chelidio

Jun 25, 2007
Hello all,

Well it has been a long time now since I first started to get ready for the application. It took a long time for me to obtain the necessary documents since I lived in several different countries and police records were required from each of them. Now that I have all of them I would like to ask few more questions and send the application in.

Form IMM5490, Item 24. Has your sponsor visited you during the period of your relationship?
We lived for 6 years together with my sponsoring spouse and now she is back in Canada. So there was no need for a visit. How should I answer this question. She went back to Canada 4 months ago with our daughter and since then neither of us visited each other. Should I answer this question targeting the whole relation or just the time spent apart in this last 4 months.

Another question is about the supplementaty documents. It is required to provide photocopies of some documents such as passport pages. Do I get these photocopies notarized or just send as it is. I also obtained some of my documents (diplomas and marriage certificate) in English from their authorities. Do I still need to get them notarized ??

Well that's all for now. Thanks in advance for your valuable answers and best for all of the applicants.

hypnotic8

Dec 29, 2007
If you didn't visit each other just write N/A or write an explanation on a separate sheet of paper ( that you didn't need to visit each other because you were together the whole time).
And for the second question just follow the instructions on the Document Check List. It tells you which documents need to be originals or copies. I don't think you need to notarize anything unless they tell you to. If you are referring to translations they don't need to be notarized, just make sure they are done by certified translators.