+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Laser Eye Surgery/ PR Medical test

bharat6

Dec 21, 2020
Hello, I recently had a laser eye surgery to correct my vision and I'm going to give medicals for my PR application. Does this surgery affect the results? My previous medicals were expired and I had glasses when I gave them, since they ask about previous visits when we book a medical appointment I'm assuming they will compare my previous medicals with current ones. Is that true?

Pocketlive

Star Member
Oct 5, 2017
I am also looking for answers on Medicals for PR. My spouse has high blood pressure and was on medication before going in for the medical test and his blood pressure was still really high when it was checked at the hospital. Will that affect our application?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello, I recently had a laser eye surgery to correct my vision and I'm going to give medicals for my PR application. Does this surgery affect the results? My previous medicals were expired and I had glasses when I gave them, since they ask about previous visits when we book a medical appointment I'm assuming they will compare my previous medicals with current ones. Is that true?
Just tell the examining doctor you recently had this surgery. That way if anything is noticeable he'll know that is possible cause.

I'm not aware of any reason or way it would affect, but I'm not a doctor; and IRCC doesn't care that you no longer need glasses.