+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Language Requirements

Aga23

May 7, 2021
Hello everybody!

I'm a permanent resident of Canada, and I'm gathering documents needed to apply for citizenship. However, I'm a little bit confused about the appropriate documents requirements to prove my language skills. I took IELTS Academic test in 2018, and I received an overall score of 7.5. Additionally, I'm currently attending a university in Canada.

I read online that only the IELTS General is acceptable, so I could not submit my IELTS Academic test results. Does anyone know if that information is correct?

I was also wondering if I could submit an official transcript from the university? As I mentioned, I don't have my diploma yet; I only completed my first year so far.

I would appreciate your advice!

CorvusGlaive

Star Member
Oct 27, 2020
Hello everybody!

I'm a permanent resident of Canada, and I'm gathering documents needed to apply for citizenship. However, I'm a little bit confused about the appropriate documents requirements to prove my language skills. I took IELTS Academic test in 2018, and I received an overall score of 7.5. Additionally, I'm currently attending a university in Canada.

I read online that only the IELTS General is acceptable, so I could not submit my IELTS Academic test results. Does anyone know if that information is correct?

I was also wondering if I could submit an official transcript from the university? As I mentioned, I don't have my diploma yet; I only completed my first year so far.

I would appreciate your advice!
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/eligibility/language-proof.html
Check this out!