Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-04-2014
AOR Received.
25-04-2014
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Hi There

we are planning to apply for citizen ship and as per the language requirements: we can submit a diploma for the same. I have an Engineering certificate from Jawaharlal Nehru Technological university, Hyderabad and the certificate is in English, but in the certificate its not mentioned that I passed the examination in English.

Can i use this certificate for the language skills?

thank you.

aj1997

Star Member
Nov 13, 2018
Kitchener
Hi There

we are planning to apply for citizen ship and as per the language requirements: we can submit a diploma for the same. I have an Engineering certificate from Jawaharlal Nehru Technological university, Hyderabad and the certificate is in English, but in the certificate its not mentioned that I passed the examination in English.

thank you.
If possible, get a letter from the University saying that the medium of instruction in which your program was taught was English. That would be perfect.

kk2018

Oct 24, 2018
Hi There

thank you.
You can submit your degree certificate( if all subject were in English). I have submitted my degree certificate (India) and my application was accepted.

saja_roy

Sep 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-06-2014
Doc's Request.
29-01-2015 RCMP certificate
Nomination.....
Not applicable
AOR Received.
28-07-2014
IELTS Request
submitted with application
File Transfer...
11-08-2014
Med's Request
16-07-2015 RPRF Req 20-07-2015
Med's Done....
20-08-2015 ecas updated medical received on 22-04-2016
Interview........
Not applicable
Passport Req..
09-May-2016
VISA ISSUED...
13-May-2016 passport received 30th-May2016
LANDED..........
04-06-2016
i am going file my citizenship application. i have NIIT diploma, BA, and PGDBA (distance learning) all certificates , marksheets are in english. Do I still need to take up IELTS or CELPIP to proof english language requirement

kk2018

Oct 24, 2018
i am going file my citizenship application. i have NIIT diploma, BA, and PGDBA (distance learning) all certificates , marksheets are in english. Do I still need to take up IELTS or CELPIP to proof english language requirement
If you have your old ielts you can submit that( you must have done for PR). Like I said in my previous post if level of education was in English then you can submit your degree certificate.
I submitted my degree certificate and application was accepted, now waiting for oath ceremony.

vinayreddy

Star Member
Nov 10, 2019
Hi There

thank you.
Hi, i am in similar situation, Masters degree from India, what did you submit for english proof?

Yulduz

Star Member
Feb 9, 2018
I have my degree from Pakistan when I moved to Canada I got them verified from IQAS and I attached the same document as a proof of education. I just submitted the application last week so I am not too sure if that is acceptable. Hoping for the best.

houssak

Dec 10, 2019
Hi There

thank you.
Hi there,

i have similar situation to yours, can you advise if you get it through with the certificate only. I have my graduation certificate along with the transcript both in english and i accredited it from WES.

gulshan

Star Member
Apr 3, 2010
Hello every one. I have two issues regarding citizenship.

01) English requirement: I have expired 5 year old Ielts. If it is accepted. Can I send copy of it? Is it important to certify that copy from notary public? I have also university letter as well. In both situation can I send a just copy of letters without notarized copy of degree and ielts etc??

02) Police certificate. I landed in canada 23 July 2016 and went back to back home and stayed out of Canada from 29 Oct 2017 to 23 April 2018. As per calculation of out side days , it ll be 2 days ( Oct 2017) + 30 days ( Nov 2017) + 31 days ( Dec 2017) + 31 days (Jan 2018) + 28 days ( Feb 2018) + 31 days ( Mar 2018) + 21 days ( April 2018) = 174 days (total out of canada). So still I am less than 183 days. I believe I donot need the police verification for such period. But I am also worried another period which is before 1st landing and coming to Canada.

Actually they require police verification in last 4 years. So my 1st day of last 4 year is Jan 15th 2016 but I landed July 23rd 2016. If I calculate the days from 15 Jan 2016 to 23 July 2016 then it will be 189 days which is greater than 183 days . As per my calculation I need police verification for such period. Will they add 1st and last period . If they add 1st and last period then it will 300 plus days..

Please suggest guide and comment plz for such situations.

ongc.manish

Mar 27, 2020
You can submit your degree certificate( if all subject were in English). I have submitted my degree certificate (India) and my application was accepted.
Hi, can you please confirm if your degree certificate specify that language of instruction was english. I have MBA from Indian institute of finance, certificate is in english, I am not sure if I can use it as language proof. Certificate doe not specify language of instruction is english.

arsal385

Oct 13, 2012
Dear all,
Please advise if Higher Secondary Certificate of Pakistan (12 Grade) will be accepted as a proof of English language requirement for Citizenship application?
Certificate is in English however, it doesn't specify that medium of instruction was English

ckshah1498

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
I have diploma transcript in English from India but did have medium of instruction mentioned. so i got letter from university saying medium of instruction /teaching both in English. So i am planning to send diploma transcript , degree certi and letter all three things to safe. I have master degree as well but not able to get letters for same so only sending diploma details . let me know if its good enough?

arsal385

Oct 13, 2012
Dear all,

Is Canadian language benchmark placement test (CLBPT) assessment result from Newcomer Information Center is acceptable for citizenship requirement?

Thanks in advance.

martiansam

Jul 10, 2014
Hello every one. I have two issues regarding citizenship.

01) English requirement: I have expired 5 year old Ielts. If it is accepted. Can I send copy of it? Is it important to certify that copy from notary public? I have also university letter as well. In both situation can I send a just copy of letters without notarized copy of degree and ielts etc??

02) Police certificate. I landed in canada 23 July 2016 and went back to back home and stayed out of Canada from 29 Oct 2017 to 23 April 2018. As per calculation of out side days , it ll be 2 days ( Oct 2017) + 30 days ( Nov 2017) + 31 days ( Dec 2017) + 31 days (Jan 2018) + 28 days ( Feb 2018) + 31 days ( Mar 2018) + 21 days ( April 2018) = 174 days (total out of canada). So still I am less than 183 days. I believe I donot need the police verification for such period. But I am also worried another period which is before 1st landing and coming to Canada.

Actually they require police verification in last 4 years. So my 1st day of last 4 year is Jan 15th 2016 but I landed July 23rd 2016. If I calculate the days from 15 Jan 2016 to 23 July 2016 then it will be 189 days which is greater than 183 days . As per my calculation I need police verification for such period. Will they add 1st and last period . If they add 1st and last period then it will 300 plus days..

Please suggest guide and comment plz for such situations.
I know I am replying to an older post, but for everyone's information, you can send your IELTS certificate (general) copy as your english language proof. I have passed IELTS in 2003, and applied for citizenship in 2019. I sent my IELTS cert copy and it was accepted. I have completed the process.

dr-kk

Jun 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear all,
Please advise if Higher Secondary Certificate of Pakistan (12 Grade) will be accepted as a proof of English language requirement for Citizenship application?
Certificate is in English however, it doesn't specify that medium of instruction was English
please advice .thanks