+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Language requirements - ELSA

ms12001w

Star Member
Mar 31, 2014
Hi guys,

for language proficiency documents for citizenship, i understand that ELSA ( which is British Columbia’s English Language Services for Adults) certificate is accepted.

my question is , if i go to ELSA and attend a test and they say that my level is 4 or higher is that enough for citizenship?

anybody had any experience with ELSA?

can you help please.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Please read the following link:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/CIT0002ETOC.asp

For British Columbia (BC):
If you received British Columbia's English Language Services for Adults (ELSA) training in 2008 or 2009, an ELSA certificate confirming language level CLB 4 or higher in listening and speaking. (Please note that certificates were not automatically issued at that time and you may have to contact the ELSA program directly to obtain a copy. CIC will not make the request for you).
If you received British Columbia's English Language Services for Adults (ELSA) training in 2010 or after, an ELSA report card or an ELSA certificate issued on or before August 31, 2014, confirming language level CLB 4 or higher in listening and speaking will be accepted. (Please note that certificates issued on or after November 1st, 2012 automatically demonstrate a CLB 4 level or higher, even if not specifically stated on the certificate).
NOTE: If you attended an English as a second language course that is not sanctioned by the ELSA program, do not submit it. We will only accept courses sanctioned by the ELSA.

I suggest you to get CELPIP General LS test(not academic version) which would be good. It costs around $175