PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hello
I have certificate for computer its comptia a+

I finished it here can I used for citizen

?????
NO, check the requirements for a education to be considered, your degree must be certified by the school that all your courses were conducted in English.

KRP

Jan 13, 2012
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
01/02/2011
Hello
I have certificate for computer its comptia a+

I finished it here can I used for citizen

?????
If course done in Canada then no need for school to certify it was done in English since here only language used is either in English or French.

Lover1abd

Dec 11, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes I finished it in Canada and I have licence A+ with certification but expired
.... pleas if you sure let me know

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Yes I finished it in Canada and I have licence A+ with certification but expired
.... pleas if you sure let me know
This is from the IRCC website:
I graduated from an English-or French-language high school/college/university. What can I use to show that I can communicate in one of the official languages when I apply for citizenship?
You may send a transcript, diploma or certificate showing that you graduated from a secondary school or from a post-secondary program in Canada or abroad. These materials must show that the program was in English or French. A single course in an official language is not enough to meet this requirement.

Link:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=573&top=5

You need to have finished a program at a school, college or university. A single computer course is not enough. In particular you have to make sure that the program you finished was offered by a school, college or university, i.e. an official secondary or post-secondary institution.

Comptia is a private organization that hands out certifications. It is neither a school, nor a college, nor a university. So their certificates don't work for Citizenship.

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Was that a degree or a short course? Better call IRCC and check with them.

You attended or are currently attending a secondary or post-secondary education program in English or French, either in Canada or abroad.

• A degree, diploma, certificate or official transcripts from a secondary or post-secondary education program showing you studied in English or French, in Canada or abroad.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Was that a degree or a short course? Better call IRCC and check with them.

You attended or are currently attending a secondary or post-secondary education program in English or French, either in Canada or abroad.

• A degree, diploma, certificate or official transcripts from a secondary or post-secondary education program showing you studied in English or French, in Canada or abroad.
Comptia ist not a post-secondary institution, so the point if this was a degree or a short course is irrelevant. Post-secondary instutions are universities, colleges and the like.

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Ah, not familiar with Comptia.
So if I get a bookkeeping course for 1 year at Langara College in Vancouver, I will get a certificate after finishing the course, can I use it as proof?

Fabiog

Mar 22, 2017
Comptia ist not a post-secondary institution, so the point if this was a degree or a short course is irrelevant. Post-secondary instutions are universities, colleges and the like.
I did a one year course, at a college, the course was called computer technician and was also awarded comptia A+ can this be accepted as one year post education?

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
I did a one year course, at a college, the course was called computer technician and was also awarded comptia A+ can this be accepted as one year post education?
You must be enrolled in or have received a degree from a recognized high school or post-secondary institution. Having completed a single course offered by a college doesn't count. You need to have an actual degree conferred (High Schol graduation, Bachelor, Master, License,...)

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=573&top=5

Quote:
"These materials must show that the program was in English or French. A single course in an official language is not enough to meet this requirement."