+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Language requirement

jeeshan

Oct 17, 2007
Hi everyone,

Just need to know if I submit all my transcripts of bachelor degree (three years) will it be sufficient for the language test requirement.
By the way I completed my B.com from mumbai university (india) entire in english language.

Anyone who applied for citizenship after 1nov 2012 and submitted indian transcript and accepted by CIC kindly confirm

Thanks

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
if the degree is from the non-native english speaking country, then you have to prove this:

"Note:You must have successfully finished a secondary or post-secondary program in English or French. A single course done in English or French does not meet the requirement. The diploma, certificate or transcript should be in English or French. The document must clearly show that the program was completed with English or French as the language of instruction. If the original document is not in English or French then you must also include a letter in English or French from the institution indicating that the language of instruction was in English or French along with a translation of the original document."

c0mputer

Star Member
Jan 5, 2014
Cornwall,ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i never had any issues with my indian transcripts and 6500 hours of studies . but i did not end there -
i submitted my transcript/degree certificate and medium of instruction certificated by my uni. plus my credential evaluation all these documents helped me a lot.
i never had to give any exam whatsoever.

sinpguy

Jul 3, 2011
Saskatoon
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2011
Nomination.....
15-12-2010
AOR Received.
25-07-2011 (by email)
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
02-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-08-2011
Passport Req..
01-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
01-01-2012
LANDED..........
20-01-2012
Apparently my transcript doesn't say " The document must clearly show that the program was completed with English or French as the language of instruction." .. That doesn't make sense... Well is the transcript is written in English they should assume that the medium is English hey???

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sinpguy said:
Apparently my transcript doesn't say " The document must clearly show that the program was completed with English or French as the language of instruction." .. That doesn't make sense... Well is the transcript is written in English they should assume that the medium is English hey???
you can get a certified note from your institution that states the program was taught in english.

jujuberanch

Mar 26, 2013
Nope, why would they assume that?

sinpguy said:

h3a3j6

Mar 31, 2014
Montréal
sinpguy said:
I attached an original letter from my institution, clearly specifying what the language of instruction was...

Reactions: sniper2

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
chakrab said:
you can get a certified note from your institution that states the program was taught in english.
How about enclosing an IQAS assessment which usually states the medium of instructions alongwith the length of degree/diploma ?

sinpguy

Jul 3, 2011
Saskatoon
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2011
Nomination.....
15-12-2010
AOR Received.
25-07-2011 (by email)
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
02-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-08-2011
Passport Req..
01-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
01-01-2012
LANDED..........
20-01-2012
I don't know if there is any other medium of language taught in Canada for diploma studies other than French and english?? Any example... Just for my information...

h3a3j6

Mar 31, 2014
Montréal
sinpguy said:
I don't know if there is any other medium of language taught in Canada for diploma studies other than French and english?? Any example... Just for my information...
If you took your courses in Canada, then all you have to do I guess is to provide a copy of your diploma, that should be more than enough.

I (and I believe the other people who responded to your question) was/were under the impression that you studied outside Canada... :)

Hope this helps.

jujuberanch

Mar 26, 2013
There are many German, Greek and Chinese schools.

sinpguy said:

sinpguy

Jul 3, 2011
Saskatoon
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2011
Nomination.....
15-12-2010
AOR Received.
25-07-2011 (by email)
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
02-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-08-2011
Passport Req..
01-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
01-01-2012
LANDED..........
20-01-2012
h3a3j6 said:
If you took your courses in Canada, then all you have to do I guess is to provide a copy of your diploma, that should be more than enough.

I (and I believe the other people who responded to your question) was/were under the impression that you studied outside Canada... :)

Hope this helps.

Thanks .. That really helped...

sniper2

Jun 2, 2014
I attached an original letter from my institution, clearly specifying what the language of instruction was...
Hi,
But usually we put only photocopies to be able to show originals during the interview, no ?
They did not request that original letter during your interview?