+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Language proof

determinator

Jun 6, 2013
Hi
How are you all
My spouse she has a secondary certificate (also called matric certificate locally) from pakistan its written in english lanuage which mentioning she passed all subjects including one subject english....my question is that is it enough for language reqirement.

jaffaral

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Other
Hi
How are you all
My spouse she has a secondary certificate (also called matric certificate locally) from pakistan its written in english lanuage which mentioning she passed all subjects including one subject english....my question is that is it enough for language reqirement.
The only proof for language is ielts exam

determinator

Jun 6, 2013
The only proof for language is ielts exam
But cic webs
It's not enough to have taken an English course/subject, the entire program shouldve been delivered in English including the other subjects. If that is the case and you can prove the same then you can use it as a proof of language. Otherwise you can take the IELTS-General or CELPIP LS exams.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=572&top=5
I had seen this on cic web site....is it right

Did you or do you attend a secondary or post-secondary program in English or French?

The program can be in or outside Canada.

If you did, send a copy of proof that you completed or are attending a program with your application. Proof can be your:

diploma
transcript
certificate

alienzz-00

Star Member
May 8, 2019
If the entire program was delivered in English, she can submit it. However if she only took one class which is English and all other classes were taught in Urdu then her certificate cannot be used as a proof of language.

kk2018

Oct 24, 2018
Hi
How are you all
The full study course has to be in English, just one subject in English will not help. She need to do IELTS or CELPIP. as per many people here CELPIP is easier than IELTS.