+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Language proof

procyon82

Jan 24, 2017
Hi,

I completed school here in Canada. Proof of completion of a secondary or post-secondary program conducted in French or English, either in Canada or abroad, includes:

A diploma or transcripts from a secondary or post-secondary school indicating the successful completion of a program, in French or English, either in Canada or abroad, or
A diploma or certificate from a secondary or post-secondary school indicating successful graduation from a program conducted in French or English, either in Canada or abroad.

Can these be photocopies or do they have to be originals?

Thanks!

javedcad

Jun 30, 2016
Hi Adnan34,

I have completed my education outside of Canada but my transcript is in English. Do I still need to provide medium of instruction letter from my university back home?

Thanks

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
javedcad said:
Hi Adnan34,

I have completed my education outside of Canada but my transcript is in English. Do I still need to provide medium of instruction letter from my university back home?

Thanks
It's better to get the medium of instruction letter that will make more chances of the language proof to be accepted. At the end, only the cic officer assessing the file will be able to determine whether the language proof is acceptable or not. There must be internal CIC criteria to determine if the language proof is acceptable or not.

stargazerlilly

Star Member
Sep 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
javedcad said:
Hi Adnan34,

Thanks
Just like you,I completed my education outside Canada and my transcripts are (luckily) in English. I didn't include the medium of instruction letter with my application...was confident that IRCC only needed my transcripts .....it was accepted. My application went without any problems at all (NO RQ,fingerprints,or any clearance asked). I became Canadian March 2016. But like it was mentioned,it's upto the IRCC officer to assess if they need it or not. I suggest for you to include it,to be safe.

Best of luck!

javedcad

Jun 30, 2016
stargazerlilly said:
Just like you,I completed my education outside Canada and my transcripts are (luckily) in English. I didn't include the medium of instruction letter with my application...was confident that IRCC only needed my transcripts .....it was accepted. My application went without any problems at all (NO RQ,fingerprints,or any clearance asked). I became Canadian March 2016. But like it was mentioned,it's upto the IRCC officer to assess if they need it or not. I suggest for you to include it,to be safe.

Best of luck!
Thanks stargazerlilly. Do I need to send copy of my degree as well or just transcript copy will work?

javedcad

Jun 30, 2016
thecoolguysam said:
Please do include the copy of degree as well.
If visa officer reject language proof or ask for IELTS or CELPIP, do we need to submit citizenship fee again ? Actually I am planning to submit my citizenship application soon.

Thanks

research-scientist

Star Member
Aug 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No you don't.
javedcad said:
If visa officer reject language proof or ask for IELTS or CELPIP, do we need to submit citizenship fee again ? Actually I am planning to submit my citizenship application soon.

Thanks

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
javedcad said:

Thanks
if they don't accept the language proof then they will return your application and then you can do ielts or celpip. I think you can re-use the same payment receipt/form that you have used initially because the application was never processed.

ROSEASHISH

Star Member
Aug 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi !!! Guys I have completed my LINC class ( government funded langauge training program ) in november 2012 and I have a copy of my oroginal certigicate which I am going to send along with my application for langauge proof.

But I am very very confused about chosing option. In Section 7 A which option should I check mark and in Secction 9F should I check Yes or No.

I am the last stage in completing my application but again I was varfying and fould this is so confued.

Please guys suggest me I have already done everything and put my appliaction in envolope and ready to send it .

rack1809

Mar 14, 2014

Best of luck!
Thank you for this information,
May I ask if English is the First language in your country where you completed your education ?
or Is it a Non English speaking one.. As I was wondering if CIC officer would really look for letter where English is the first language