+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Language Proof Requirement for Canadian Citizenship.

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Degree certificate and transcript would be enough for you as its from USA. You need not prove that you indeed studied in English.
Great thanks for your prompt response. Appreciate it.
Also, may i know what is "Work and travel(working holiday)" in the Reason while filling the Absence from CAnada? Does working in US comes under this reason or I need to select reason as "Other" and then explain in "Description" field as Went to work or something like that.

ps: asking this as im not aware what is a workinng holiday in this reason provided in the dropdown.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Great thanks for your prompt response. Appreciate it.
Also, may i know what is "Work and travel(working holiday)" in the Reason while filling the Absence from CAnada? Does working in US comes under this reason or I need to select reason as "Other" and then explain in "Description" field as Went to work or something like that.

ps: asking this as im not aware what is a workinng holiday in this reason provided in the dropdown.
I think its this - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/iec/about.html

I had provided the detail in the description using Other i.e. Business Trip for work purpose.

Reactions: swan0206

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
I think its this - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/iec/about.html

I had provided the detail in the description using Other i.e. Business Trip for work purpose.
Hello, one more question please, do we need to file taxes in the year when we had landed as PR but haven't moved to Canada yet? I have landed as PR in 2019 and was in Canada for 4 days and went back to United States for work. I wasn't living here. Where it asks for filing taxes in Citizenship form. Any idea?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hello, one more question please, do we need to file taxes in the year when we had landed as PR but haven't moved to Canada yet? I have landed as PR in 2019 and was in Canada for 4 days and went back to United States for work. I wasn't living here. Where it asks for filing taxes in Citizenship form. Any idea?
Not sure about this.

Alan555

Dec 15, 2023
When i applied for PR i had to take the ELTS exam, regardless of coming from the UK anf only speaking English. You will find CIC only want their certified courses for going thru the process, unless you are over 55 and its not required, they might call and interview you to see that you speak English.

Reactions: fièrementcanadien

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
No, you need to file for the year when you moved to Canada to reside. No need if the first year was just a few days as a short landing and left right away after.