+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Language Proof.....Need Advice

Nomi2012

Sep 27, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi

In the following circumstances, do I need to provide the fresh language competency proof:

1-I did my IELTS in July 2009 which is expired in 2011. (Would it be still valid or acceptable for CIC?)
2- I completed my masters degree in English Language Teaching from University of London, UK in 2010
3- I am TESL Ontario certified Instructor for LINC programmes in Canada
4- Currently, teaching as a Language Teacher in a High School in Toronto

Would it be sufficient to prove or should I still join ONE week LINC program and complete 50 hours?

Do they return application if you don't provide the CIC's required language proof?

Plz extend your opinion and experiences
Thanks

rupesh

Star Member
Sep 27, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Please read my comments in red. Hope this helps.

Nomi2012 said:
Hi

In the following circumstances, do I need to provide the fresh language competency proof:

1-I did my IELTS in July 2009 which is expired in 2011. (Would it be still valid or acceptable for CIC?) -- Provide copy of it
2- I completed my masters degree in English Language Teaching from University of London, UK in 2010 -- Provide letter from university that course was in English
3- I am TESL Ontario certified Instructor for LINC programmes in Canada
4- Currently, teaching as a Language Teacher in a High School in Toronto -- Take letter from school stating you are teaching language in a school.

Would it be enough to prove or should I still join ONE week LINC program and complete 50 hours?

Do they return application if you don't provide the CIC's required language proof?

Plz extend your opinion and experiences
Thanks

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
Nomi2012 said:
2- I completed my masters degree in English Language Teaching from University of London, UK in 2010
A copy of your diploma from your University should be all you need for your language proof.

Nomi2012

Sep 27, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
keesio said:
A copy of your diploma from your University should be all you need for your language proof.
Thank you very much indeed.

Just wondering what are the reasons for returning of the applications

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Nomi2012 said:
So very KIND of you! Really appreciate that!!!!
1. All you need is a copy of the IELTs assuming that is General and not Academic, it is valid for Citizenship no matter how hold it is.

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If no ILETS General then CELPIP G-LS is the only solution to satisfy CIC.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
A copy of her diploma is find also. If you went to a university that teaches its courses in English or French, then that will be good enough. Normally you have to provide some proof with your diploma but if the school is in an English/French speaking country (like the UK where the OP went to school), then you are already good.

Nomi2012

Sep 27, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PMM said:
Hi

1. All you need is a copy of the IELTs assuming that is General and not Academic, it is valid for Citizenship no matter how hold it is.
Thank you so very much!!!

I believe you meant old Instead of hold, just a typo?

I got it any way. Thanks

Nomi2012

Sep 27, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
keesio said:
A copy of her diploma is find also. If you went to a university that teaches its courses in English or French, then that will be good enough. Normally you have to provide some proof with your diploma but if the school is in an English/French speaking country (like the UK where the OP went to school), then you are already good.

Thank you sir....

kefche1

Star Member
Sep 24, 2010
expired IELTS for citizenship application

Hi guys,

Can one order expired IELTS results from 4 years ago in order to apply for citizenship?

torontonian2003

Star Member
Mar 12, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you have your expired IELTS report, CIC still accepts that. Just send a coy with your application and be prepared to bring the original with you when called for the citizenship test. I submitted my original expired IELTS which I used for my PR application. It was accepted as adequate proof. The CIC agent did not even ask for the original during interview. They informally assess you for your English (or French) fluency during the pre-test interview when you go through your documents with the agent.

Well if you are already certified as an English language instructor in Canada, by all means provide them with copy of your credentials (diploma, certification, or even employment letters as an instructor).

Give them both anyhow: old IELTS report and credentials

Nomi2012

Sep 27, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
torontonian2003 said:
If you have your expired IELTS report, CIC still accepts that. Just send a coy with your application and be prepared to bring the original with you when called for the citizenship test. I submitted my original expired IELTS which I used for my PR application. It was accepted as adequate proof. The CIC agent did not even ask for the original during interview. They informally assess you for your English (or French) fluency during the pre-test interview when you go through your documents with the agent.

Well if you are already certified as an English language instructor in Canada, by all means provide them with copy of your credentials (diploma, certification, or even employment letters as an instructor).

Give them both anyhow: old IELTS report and credentials
Thanks so much for such a detailed answer. Regards