+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Language proof for citizenship

dmurjai

Feb 29, 2016
I came in as a PR through Federal skilled worker. For this, I submitted my IELTS score for language proof.
IELTS was 8.
For citizenship, can I reuse the IELTS score? It would have been expired.
Otherwise, I had completed my engineering degree for 4 years in English in India. Will that be sufficient?

Should I redo IELTS? It looks like the fees are 310$ .. another ripoff on top of raised citizenship application fee..

sistemc

Feb 2, 2014
Check the CIC page with the citizenship application instructions at :

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/CIT0002ETOC.asp

IELTS test results are OK, and they can be expired.

canmozu

Star Member
Jan 11, 2016
dmurjai said:
I came in as a PR through Federal skilled worker. For this, I submitted my IELTS score for language proof.
IELTS was 8.
For citizenship, can I reuse the IELTS score? It would have been expired.
Otherwise, I had completed my engineering degree for 4 years in English in India. Will that be sufficient?

Should I redo IELTS? It looks like the fees are 310$ .. another ripoff on top of raised citizenship application fee..
Good to go you can use your expired IELTS score certificate photocopy which you used for PR

mumbai1985

Feb 25, 2014
My spouse has transcript from Indian university - it shows that language was English. Only issue is the last name is not full, but it is the form of initials. For example: if the full name is Adam West, transcript has Adam W. Would I be able to use that ? Has anyone in the forum used such transcript?

For myself, I have scanned copy of ielts. I hope that is enough. Original was submitted cic and ielts cannot give me a copy after 4 years.

cec4111

Star Member
Nov 28, 2012
Visa Office......
Calgary
Does CIC accept copy of IELTS? I dont have original copy as mine expired and IELTS Calgary do not keep the records.

mumbai1985

Feb 25, 2014
cec4111 said:
Does CIC accept copy of IELTS? I dont have original copy as mine expired and IELTS Calgary do not keep the records.
Yes. Copy is accepted as long as you submitted the original for immigration purpose.