+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Language Proof for Citizenship aplication

Yogi3845

Star Member
Jul 5, 2012
I'm preparing for my citizenship application.I'm confused regarding requirement of Language Proof. I did not any education institution in last 4 years from date of application since I'm working full time. However, I did my graduation in English language and I have transcripts in support of it. Kindly guide me.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Yogi3845 said:
I'm preparing for my citizenship application.I'm confused regarding requirement of Language Proof. I did not any education institution in last 4 years from date of application since I'm working full time. However, I did my graduation in English language and I have transcripts in support of it. Kindly guide me.
What degree or study you have done and from where?

boltz

Jul 30, 2009
Yogi3845 said:
What language proof did you use during applying for pr?
If you used ielts , u can reuse it even if it is expired.

Yogi3845

Star Member
Jul 5, 2012
I did my Bachelor of Engg. and MBA from my home country. That was before I migrated to Canada. I submitted my IELTS during PR prcess. But I believe I had submitted original test result copy to CIC so probably, I don't have original IELTS test result with me now to submit with my citizenship application

boltz

Jul 30, 2009
Yogi3845 said:
I did my Bachelor of Engg. and MBA from my home country. That was before I migrated to Canada. I submitted my IELTS during PR prcess. But I believe I had submitted original test result copy to CIC so probably, I don't have original IELTS test result with me now to submit with my citizenship application
Interesting. Cic sent back the original in my case. I think it is better to give a detailed look at the instruction set reg language proof.

Make sure your transcripts show 'English' as medium of instruction. Also donot confuse transcripts with certificates - they are not the same ( eg, transcripts are not just xerox or notarized copies of certificates).

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
boltz said:
Interesting. Cic sent back the original in my case. I think it is better to give a detailed look at the instruction set reg language proof.

Make sure your transcripts show 'English' as medium of instruction. Also donot confuse transcripts with certificates - they are not the same ( eg, transcripts are not just xerox or notarized copies of certificates).
So what exactly are transcripts?

boltz

Jul 30, 2009
thecoolguysam said:
So what exactly are transcripts?
Transcripts that I sent are issued directly by the university. These were coincidentally the copy of marks sheets stamped and signed by university authorities. However the important piece is that these signed and stamped sheets are placed in an envelope then sealed and stamped/ signed on the opening flap of envelope.

The idea is that you as a candidate donot know what is inside and you submit it as-is to cic who will start with opening the sealed envelope.

In an ideal scenario transcripts could be a distinguished doc provided by university as well.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
boltz said:
Transcripts that I sent are issued directly by the university. These were coincidentally the copy of marks sheets stamped and signed by university authorities. However the important piece is that these signed and stamped sheets are placed in an envelope then sealed and stamped/ signed on the opening flap of envelope.

The idea is that you as a candidate donot know what is inside and you submit it as-is to cic who will start with opening the sealed envelope.

In an ideal scenario transcripts could be a distinguished doc provided by university as well.
Hi Boltz,

Thank you for the information. In instructions of filling the application form, it specifically asks to attach copy of transcripts. I wonder why it is required to send the sealed envelope?

I am planning to send as follows:

1. PLAN 1
a. Copy of my master's degree
b. Copy of all semesters marksheets (in total 6)
c. copy of the letter from the university stating language of instruction was in english.

2. PLAN 2
a. copy of my master's degree
b. transcripts sealed in envelope(it is similar to my all semesters marksheets) and it also states that the language of instruction was in english.

Do you recommend PLAN 1 or PLAN 2 and why?

jujuberanch

Mar 26, 2013
you don't need to send copies of your transcripts. your diploma alone will suffice the need.

thecoolguysam said:
Hi Boltz,

Thank you for the information. In instructions of filling the application form, it specifically asks to attach copy of transcripts. I wonder why it is required to send the sealed envelope?

I am planning to send as follows:

1. PLAN 1
a. Copy of my master's degree
b. Copy of all semesters marksheets (in total 6)
c. copy of the letter from the university stating language of instruction was in english.

2. PLAN 2
a. copy of my master's degree
b. transcripts sealed in envelope(it is similar to my all semesters marksheets) and it also states that the language of instruction was in english.

Do you recommend PLAN 1 or PLAN 2 and why?

Yogi3845

Star Member
Jul 5, 2012
Do you mean Diploma/Degree certificate will be enough in lieu of transcript ? That is how I interpret CIC's application guide.

Vancouver2014

Mar 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have submitted my transcripts as well as the certificate that I have completed the program. In addition, I didn't send CIC the original; I have the original and will bring it as per requested by CIC.

Good luck.

Cheers!

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Vancouver2014 said:
I have submitted my transcripts as well as the certificate that I have completed the program. In addition, I didn't send CIC the original; I have the original and will bring it as per requested by CIC.

Good luck.

Cheers!
So u sent copies of transcripts? What's the status of your application?