+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Language Proof for Canadian Citizenship -- Need Help please

Kepner

Jul 31, 2013
Hello,

So my situation is like this, I submitted my Canadian Citizenship Form a few months ago but now they return it saying that the "language evidence submitted with your application is not acceptable". I attached my College Transcripts, that I took here in Canada, as proof of my post-secondary education in English.

I looked again on CIC site to be sure that transcripts are enough as proof.
Proof of completion of secondary or post-secondary education in French or English includes:
A diploma or transcripts from a secondary or post-secondary school indicating the successful completion of a program, in Canada or abroad. or
A diploma or certificate from a secondary or post-secondary school indicating successful graduation, in Canada or abroad.
It does says from the site that they do accept transcripts but how come they return mine.

My problem now is, if transcript isn't acceptable, then what documents do I need to submit to be accepted?
Can I use my Diploma?

If anyone has the same experiences please share and how you manage to solve this.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
There's no point to argue - they are always right... I would just take the test.

darelro

Mar 16, 2010
You sent the transcript and it might not show completion of the program, just the exam results. CIC doens't know if you passed all required exames for diploma. Just the send the copy of diploma toghether with a copy of the transcript and should be ok.

iman773

Star Member
Sep 22, 2010
You can use transcripts as a proof of language if you have completed your degree. If you have completed your degree, you can send the transcripts and degree completion together as a proof of language.

RussCan

Star Member
Aug 16, 2013
I would recomend calling the call centre and asking them. Dispite a huge prejudice against them by many posters i believe their are adequate people and helped me everytime I called.

boujasim

Nov 12, 2008
i sent my transcripts and degree from UofT and they returned my application. your best bet would be to do the IELTS or that other test and stop wasting your time.

AFMTL

Oct 7, 2013
boujasim said:
i sent my transcripts and degree from UofT and they returned my application. your best bet would be to do the IELTS or that other test and stop wasting your time.
Hi Boujasim,

Have they provided you with a reason for the above not being a valid proof of language requirement?

Please let me know.

Thanks,
AFMTL

AFMTL

Oct 7, 2013
Kepner said:
Hello,

So my situation is like this, I submitted my Canadian Citizenship Form a few months ago but now they return it saying that the "language evidence submitted with your application is not acceptable". I attached my College Transcripts, that I took here in Canada, as proof of my post-secondary education in English.

I looked again on CIC site to be sure that transcripts are enough as proof.It does says from the site that they do accept transcripts but how come they return mine.

My problem now is, if transcript isn't acceptable, then what documents do I need to submit to be accepted?
Can I use my Diploma?

If anyone has the same experiences please share and how you manage to solve this.
Hi Kepner,

Did your transcript include a statement saying that your degree was granted or any other phrase saying you completed the program/degree?

Thank you and I am in the same boat as you.

Regards,
AFMTL

Lei_F

Oct 3, 2013
I submitted my application with transcripts and Diploma. They accepted it. But i did send original transcripts which was sealed and my transcripts do show that i completed my degree... so i don't know if that makes difference.

AFMTL

Oct 7, 2013
Hi Lei_F,

Thank you for the information. I am assuming that if an applicant provides only transcripts, it needs to mention that he/she has completed the program, degre granted, or etc. depending on the university/school. If this is not the case, then they will need to update the CIC website to not include transcript, which I doubt is wrong, otherwise it would have been updated by now :)

Best,
AFMTL

mirmukaramali

Jun 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ST.claire
NOC Code......
NOT REQUIRED
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
NOT REQUIRED
Nomination.....
NOT REQUIRED
AOR Received.
14th may 2010
IELTS Request
NOT REQUIRED
File Transfer...
30th may 2011
Med's Request
NOT REQUIRED
Interview........
nov 2013
Then what did you send?for language.?

Mattyvain

Jul 1, 2017
Hello,

I looked again on CIC site to be sure that transcripts are enough as proof.

It does says from the site that they do accept transcripts but how come they return mine.

Can I use my Diploma?

Hi.. how long they been returned since they received your application.. we have same situation and im worried they will return it. Thanks

nil279

Jun 20, 2013
Hi all , I think I am reappeating question but little difference please respond or divert me to proper forum .

I am applying citizenship in November 2017. At the time of PR Application I submitted my IELTS for language efficiency Proof so I am good there . But for my spouse , she completed graduation abroad so what proof she can submit for language ? CELPIP OR IELTS is preferable but I want to know if graduation certificate or transcript is ok ?