+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Language evidence - What has to be submitted??

canadiann

Star Member
May 3, 2009
I had sent my citizenship application package about 2 months ago. Now, it got returned back. The letter says "the evidence submitted is not acceptable". It doesn't say what further document I need to submit. I had submitted my my Master's degree Transcript that was completed in 2006 from the USA. That's what the instruction says - "A diploma or transcripts from a secondary or post-secondary school indicating the successful completion of a program, in Canada or abroad."

Does anybody have any idea, if i need to submit originals or certificate or not older than 2 years certificate??
I appreciate your comments.

Thank you.

canadiann

Star Member
May 3, 2009
Official means sealed on an envelop or sent directly from the university? I don't know why they have highlighted the date on my transcript.

willzou

Star Member
Sep 30, 2016
1. how long was your master program? 1 year? 1.5 year or 2 years ?
2. what mark did you get?
I am not sure why you get rejected. As I do not know your background and scrutinize the returned back documents.
I think the best way to know it is to ask cic.

you said the date highlighted, 7 years ago, is it too old?

ajithpl

Aug 5, 2010
Surrey, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For my spouse, along with the copy of masters degree certificate, a letter from university that the medium of instruction was English was included. She passed the program 15 years back and the letter was issued this year on request for Canadian citizenship. This was accepted and probably you can try to get a letter in similar fashion. No transcript was included.

Joe Joe

Star Member
Aug 28, 2016
I have a post secondary diploma certificate it was for 3 months only, would it be enough as a proof or just go for any language test for peace of mind.Thanks

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
canadiann said:
I had sent my citizenship application package about 2 months ago. Now, it got returned back. The letter says "the evidence submitted is not acceptable". It doesn't say what further document I need to submit. I had submitted my my Master's degree Transcript that was completed in 2006 from the USA. That's what the instruction says - "A diploma or transcripts from a secondary or post-secondary school indicating the successful completion of a program, in Canada or abroad."

Does anybody have any idea, if i need to submit originals or certificate or not older than 2 years certificate??

Thank you.
What was the course you have done? What was the duration of the course? How much was the score?

CIC considers the type of course, duration and the score to verify if it is acceptable or not.

Did you submit the copies of the marksheets or the copy of the degree along with the transcripts?

stargazerlilly

Star Member
Sep 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadiann said:

Thank you.

I submitted my bachelor's degree transcripts from my birth country....which is 13 years old now btw. I got a new one sent to me 5 years ago 'coz my school had a name change.
It was accepted....proud canuck since March :D :D :D