+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Language Evidence question

Canadiangoose

Star Member
Feb 1, 2016
Hello Friends,

I am a newbie here and will be Applying for citizenship soon. Just have a few questions regarding language proof. My profile is below:

1. Completed Masters degree from USA in 2009 and moved to Canada on PR in 2012.
2. Have sealed transcripts from university dated 2010 and have the degree certificate stating that I completed the degree .
3. Will these two documents will be enough evidence for my language proof. And just send photocopies right?

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Canadiangoose said:
Hello Friends,

I am a newbie here and will be Applying for citizenship soon. Just have a few questions regarding language proof. My profile is below:

2. Have sealed transcripts from university dated 2010 and have the degree certificate stating that I completed the degree .
3. Will these two documents will be enough evidence for my language proof. And just send photocopies right?
I guess bachelor's degree from English medium is sufficient. You have master's from USA, which is more than sufficient. ;D

Its better to wait and have at least couple of months more than required minimum 1,460 days before you apply to avoid any confusion.

Clearly document, tabulate all dates of entry / exit to show your overseas trips including cross-border trips to USA.

Wish you all the best.

stargazerlilly

Star Member
Sep 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadiangoose said:
Hello Friends,

Hi Canadiangoose, I submitted a photocopy of my university degree TOR from my birth country,not sealed but is in english. CIC accepted it as a sufficient language proof as I am now waiting for an oath invitation. :D :D

Very best of luck.

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
Canadiangoose said:
Hello Friends,

Unlike PR, the transcripts for Citizenship do not have to be sealed if you read the guidelines, and photocopies are fine.

The most important factor with the documents, and this is usually found on the transcript rather than degree certificate, is that they state the language of assessment/instruction was English (or French). This is usually why inclusion of transcripts is advisable if possible.

Best of luck,
Cappuccino