Language Evidence - Having Masters Degree from USA

ajithpl

Aug 5, 2010
Surrey, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadiangoose said:
Hi Ajith,

The English medium certificate, did you get from the Engineering college itself or from the University? Please clarify....
It was issued from her university as they have a standard form to fill and give request with a small fee specifically for medium of instruction.

ajithpl

Aug 5, 2010
Surrey, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dell said:
I have taken the IELTS (general ) about 7 years ago. Not sure if that would work as language evidence ? I know IELTS is acceptable test but it was taken a very long time ago.
IELTS is considered anytime irrespective of the day you took. Even the photocopy is accepted if you had already submitted the original to CIC during migration and they will compare with what they have on records.

stargazerlilly

Star Member
Sep 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadiangoose said:
Hi..

For language evidence, can I just submit my unopened sealed transcript from MY USA university & Degree copy?

I have done my masters in computer science and I did not take english course during my masters. But of course, all my coursses were in english and I the university is in california..

I submitted original transcripts and diploma of my Bachelor's degree from the home country,it was all in English. There was no problem at all... became Canadian within 9 months without a hitch. Like some have mentioned,it's case to case,they might accept your Master's as sufficient proof,they may not...only IRCC can put this issue to rest. ;) ;)

dell

Star Member
Jun 27, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ajithpl said:
IELTS is considered anytime irrespective of the day you took. Even the photocopy is accepted if you had already submitted the original to CIC during migration and they will compare with what they have on records.
thanks. I only have a copy. I believe the original was given to CIC for my PR application

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
I am from India as well:

I submitted the following:
My Bachelors Degree (Computers)
Marksheets
Letter from institute stating that medium of instruction was english

Master's degree (Computers)
Transcripts
Letter from the university stating that medium of instruction was english

These were accepted.

What you can do is get "English medium" letter from your institute/university and attach it with your application (for both bachelors and masters).

Now, remember, it depends upon case to case whether yours would be accepted or not. There must be a internal criteria by which cic can determine if the language proof submitted is acceptable or not. Maybe they check passing score and type of course/education done.... just my wild guess.
Hey, how did you reach out to your University? Its been 9 years that i have graduated from my Masters. Did you had to provide them with any sample or how? May i know how you have approached them. I have done my Masters from a University in UnitedStates.