+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Language evidence for canadian citizenship

TheKing

Sep 17, 2015
hi all,

I have been a perm resident for 6 years with my family. I applied for citizenship with my family in April 2015. Our applications were returned in June due to the change in the forms. We resent the applications by end of June using new forms. The applications were again returned by end of August. My application and that of the children were adjudged complete. But my wife's application was said to be lacking proof of language ability. She is doing a course in a college here. In addition, she did grade 12 exams prior to the college diploma she is currently pursuing. We included both transcripts and certificate for the grade12; however the CIC had tersely said, proof of language evidence not among the proof required.

Please does anyone know how else we can prove language ability? Thanks.

banrad

Star Member
May 4, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did your wife complete her secondary education in Canada, or did she only take some grade 12 tests as pre-admissions tests for adult applicants to meet the requirements of the college program she's pursuing now? If it's the latter, it wouldn't qualify as language proof for citizenship purposes.

Either way, I recommend you contact the CIC call centre and get a clarification pertinent to your case.