+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Langara's Account Balance

adajeon

Oct 28, 2019
Hi everyone,

I'll be attending Langara College in spring 2020. Just checked my account balance and it said that my IE commitment fee of $1,500 has been withdrawn. I paid a total of $12,000 but right now the balance only shows $10,500 since the commitment fee was withdrawn. Does anyone studying at Langara know what this mean, or where the money went? I haven't registered for courses yet so I don't understand why the amount is no longer in my account balance. I thought the commitment fee is part of the international student deposit and will be used towards tuition, so it should only be deducted once I register for classes.

Please help! Thanks a lot!

Muskan.K

Jan 31, 2020
Hi everyone,

I'll be attending Langara College in spring 2020. Just checked my account balance and it said that my IE commitment fee of $1,500 has been withdrawn. I paid a total of $12,000 but right now the balance only shows $10,500 since the commitment fee was withdrawn. Does anyone studying at Langara know what this mean, or where the money went? I haven't registered for courses yet so I don't understand why the amount is no longer in my account balance. I thought the commitment fee is part of the international student deposit and will be used towards tuition, so it should only be deducted once I register for classes.

Please help! Thanks a lot!
Hi....I'm having a similar query. I also paid $12000 for my semester starting in may 2020, however IE Commitment fee of $1500 has been withdrawn. What does that mean?

adajeon

Oct 28, 2019
Hi....I'm having a similar query. I also paid $12000 for my semester starting in may 2020, however IE Commitment fee of $1500 has been withdrawn. What does that mean?
Hi, the IE office told me that the commitment fee is withdrawn so that you can activate your registration time/date. When it’s time for you to actually register, the commitment fee will go back and will be deducted from your tuition charges. Basically nothing to worry about.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Assume they likely had a lot of people withdrawing at the last minute and changing colleges. They also may be aware that they are using their college to secure the study permit and then changing to another college. This deposit shows a commitment to attending the school so the school is somewhat able to plan.