+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing

mg11090

Aug 5, 2021
Hi there! I had a quick question regarding landing. My wife (outland spousal) recently received her CoPR and our understanding is that has to be shown upon arrival to Canada for landing to occur. We are trying to figure out flights and were wondering how this works (at Pearson specifically) and if there is a certain time you need to arrive in order for the landing process to be conducted? Is it just the typical border / customs agents that do it or is there a separate process?

We're thinking of booking a flight that lands late at night, but if that's not going to work, we'll adjust. Really appreciate the help, thanks!

Thabe

May 30, 2020
Hi there! I had a quick question regarding landing. My wife (outland spousal) recently received her CoPR and our understanding is that has to be shown upon arrival to Canada for landing to occur. We are trying to figure out flights and were wondering how this works (at Pearson specifically) and if there is a certain time you need to arrive in order for the landing process to be conducted? Is it just the typical border / customs agents that do it or is there a separate process?

We're thinking of booking a flight that lands late at night, but if that's not going to work, we'll adjust. Really appreciate the help, thanks!
It's okay to land any time and they will do the rest

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015

I believe any time a flight arrives you can land (CBSA works with the airport to cover all arriving planes). We were not able to apply for social insurance number at airport, apparently that part of services was not working - I do not know if there are other related that weren't functioning; didn't matter as we applied for social insurance numbers online just a few days later.

At Pearson: you join the general lines for border officers - when they see the 'new' COPR and understand it's for landing, you'll be directed to 'secondary' where the more detailed work for landing takes place. That first stage also asked for info about testing, covid, quarantine, etc. That part took for us about an hour (but family landing so four total). After that customs - where important to file unaccompanied baggage (or whatever the name is) if a shipment is coming later. If I remember correctly in total from wheels down to getting a taxi was 2.5-3 hours but very roughly; this all ended after midnight and there were no indications it was 'too late' for any of the services.

There was also PCR testing after customs. The covid-related stuff is subject to change of course and I don't know what is being done now (this was august).

I have no idea what would be faster overall - arriving late or during day - but all the critical stuff can be done on arrival even if late in the day. Not an expert so YMMV, this is just our experience.

mg11090

Aug 5, 2021
Hi all - hope everyone is well, and thanks to those who gave the responses above. We completed the landing near midnight on Saturday and it was fine. However, there was one hiccup I wanted to relay back to you all. The immigration officer did not sign our copy of the COPR (we didn't think we'd need to double check the paperwork) which caused issues when trying to get a SIN and health card. We ended up having to drive back to Pearson and talking with an immigration officer who then signed the COPR. Thankfully, the error was reparable, but I would highly encourage you to double check and ensure the COPR that you are handed back is signed and dated to avoid unnecessary stress/confusion. Good luck!

amitknai7

Jul 3, 2017
Hello all,
1.My csq is expired, have my PR landing visa until May 2022. Planning to land in April 2022. Will there be issue due to expired csq.
2. My daughter's passport containing PR visa is expiring in May 2022. So I have applied for new passport. Will there be issue as the copr refers to old passport number as travel doc no.