+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing

gyucel23

Dec 30, 2004
When first landing in Canada, other than passports, COPRs, what do we need to take with us? Any photos? Also Can I show a bank letter from a US bank for the settlement funds, I wont be carrying cash.
If I dont give an address at the port, I know I can give them the addres within 6 months. But does that delay the process of sending the PR cards?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

gyucel23 said:
When first landing in Canada, other than passports, COPRs, what do we need to take with us? Any photos? Also Can I show a bank letter from a US bank for the settlement funds, I wont be carrying cash.
If I dont give an address at the port, I know I can give them the addres within 6 months. But does that delay the process of sending the PR cards?
1. If you have children their vacination records for registering in school.
2. Proof of no-claims from your insurance company if you drive.
3. Of course it delays the PR card. They won't mail them until they have a Canadian address.
4. A statement from a US bank is fine as long as it very close to the date of landing.

PMM

rahimbadsha

Oct 11, 2006
How long does it take for them to send the PR card?

My friend and his wife recently landed and it took them 6 weeks to get their PR card. Border immigration will tell your it takes 4 weeks and usually it takes about 4-6 weeks.