Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 30, 2013
AOR Received.
May 31, 2013
Med's Done....
April 26, 2013
I received an email from CIC stating two COPR's are on their way!!! Finally!!! ;D

They are mailing the COPR's to here but my son is still in the US. So, does my son need a copy of this COPR when he crosses? Can someone let me know what my son needs to cross as we are planning to have him here before the holidays. My husband is currently here and we will just drive across and come back but we do know my husband has to cross before my son.

lokyy

Jun 10, 2014
Miami, Florida
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
11-11-2014
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
08-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
next week
LANDED..........
next week :)
if he receives his COPR in Canada you could either send it to him in the US or once he comes to Canada he can flagpole(go to the us border and come back ''re enter canada'') he needs his COPR and passport..

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
yes, i'd imagine your son does need the copr to land. if he crosses without it, he can't land and become a pr, he will be a visitor. so it's important to make sure he has the papers before he crosses the border, even if you just meet him on the us side, and drive across with him. he must land by the expiration date listed on the COPR to become a pr.

i'm not sure if your husband and son have to land together, so i'll defer that information to those who know. i'd imagine if he is under a certain age, he needs to be accompanied by an adult, most likely his sponsor and the principle applicant.

Foster

Star Member
Dec 18, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 30, 2013
AOR Received.
May 31, 2013
Med's Done....
April 26, 2013
Thanks lokky and rhcohen2014. I figured he needed the COPR to cross. But yes does anyone know if they have to cross together?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Foster said:
Thanks lokky and rhcohen2014. I figured he needed the COPR to cross. But yes does anyone know if they have to cross together?
They don't have to cross together, but if they don't, the Principal Applicant must cross first.

Foster

Star Member
Dec 18, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 30, 2013
AOR Received.
May 31, 2013
Med's Done....
April 26, 2013
Thanks zardoz we are going to cross this week!!!

My son is 14 yrs old and is flying but he will be arriving here in Edmonton International airport and going through customs there. I noticed that it says my husband has to sign my son's COPR but if he's 14 does he have to?

Also, my son is bringing his puppy across. It's an 8 week old puppy but all health certificates are under my name will he have issues?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Foster said:

My son is 14 yrs old and is flying but he will be arriving here in Edmonton International airport and going through customs there. I noticed that it says my husband has to sign my son's COPR but if he's 14 does he have to?

Also, my son is bringing his puppy across. It's an 8 week old puppy but all health certificates are under my name will he have issues?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2013/ob545-mod.asp
Signatures: The officer granting permanent resident status, as well as the client (14 years and older), must sign and date all copies of the CoPR. Parents must sign for children under the age of 14.

I can't answer the puppy question but I would take expert advice from your vet or call CBSA.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Foster said:

Your husband will need to sign the boys COPR. He's only 14, not able to yet sign a 'legal' document, far as I know.

The puppy will be just fine. He/she is not even old enough for rabies vaccination yet and that is really all they care about unless the puppy looks very unhealthy. Just carry the documents just in case, but doubtful they will even ask to see them.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Alurra71 said:
Your husband will need to sign the boys COPR. He's only 14, not able to yet sign a 'legal' document, far as I know.

The puppy will be just fine. He/she is not even old enough for rabies vaccination yet and that is really all they care about unless the puppy looks very unhealthy. Just carry the documents just in case, but doubtful they will even ask to see them.
It very clearly states on the information sheet that comes with the COPR, that a child of 14 or more must sign their own COPR when they land. I double checked mine to be absolutely certain.

Foster

Star Member
Dec 18, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 30, 2013
AOR Received.
May 31, 2013
Med's Done....
April 26, 2013
Ok phew! I figured my stepson signed his own COPR. Plus he's going to be going through customs here in Edmonton so if they needed us we would be on the other side of the door. Ok so puppy just needs health certs.

Anyone ever heard of landing on Canada Place in Edmonton? And how long of a wait it is.

CMLR

Jun 19, 2014
Foster, I brought a puppy back from the states in September. I am still not a PR, still in the process of waiting for it, so it may be a bit different but what I do know is that they have to have a health certificate. Since the puppy is owned by me and I was taking her across the border her health certificate could be up to two weeks old. However the breeder I got her from had looked into it and thought we needed to have the certificate be no older than 72 hours old. We looked at the paperwork together and the rule is if the pup is crossing with it's registered owner then they have 14 days if the pup is crossing with someone other than the registered owner they have only 72 hours. Hope this helps on the puppy issue.