+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing with receiving COPR after March 18th

DuncanHague

Feb 9, 2020
If you received copr for spousal sponsorship you can land. There’s no clear answer anywhere but I found a few others that have successfully landed and can confirm that I did also, that was two months ago that I travelled having received copr in August.

User1220

Mar 17, 2020
If you received copr for spousal sponsorship you can land. There’s no clear answer anywhere but I found a few others that have successfully landed and can confirm that I did also, that was two months ago that I travelled having received copr in August.
So i understand that your copr is after march 18 and you are not sponsored or an immediate family member and you landed in canada?

mhkash

Nov 11, 2017
Does anyone know that if a person who has an immediate family member in Canada got COPR after March 18, should he/she apply for a visitor visa or Permanent Resident Travel Document in order to be able to travel to Canada?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Does anyone know that if a person who has an immediate family member in Canada got COPR after March 18, should he/she apply for a visitor visa or Permanent Resident Travel Document in order to be able to travel to Canada?
Is the COPR still valid (date-wise)? If so and immediate familiy member, can travel on basis of current docs. Is this a spouse? Will need docuemntation of relationship.

mhkash

Nov 11, 2017
Is the COPR still valid (date-wise)? If so and immediate familiy member, can travel on basis of current docs. Is this a spouse? Will need docuemntation of relationship.
thanks for your reply. yes , spouse. the VAC said that she needs to apply for a visitor visa.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
thanks for your reply. yes , spouse. the VAC said that she needs to apply for a visitor visa.
Don't understand because you didn't answer the other question - is the COPR still valid? If so, don't understand why a visitor's Visa would be needed. But give more details please.

mhkash

Nov 11, 2017
Yes, the COPR is issued in September 2020 and is valid for one year. The embassy said that she has to apply for a visitor visa, while she has a COPR. it does not make sense any to me.

Don't understand because you didn't answer the other question - is the COPR still valid? If so, don't understand why a visitor's Visa would be needed. But give more details please.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Yes, the COPR is issued in September 2020 and is valid for one year. The embassy said that she has to apply for a visitor visa, while she has a COPR. it does not make sense any to me.
Visa waiver or visa required country?

I don't understand either. You may wish to check with IRCC headquarters by a webform. Obviously if you want to travel soon that may be an issue.

Is this spousal sponsorship? It seems to me something very odd with response, but don't know all details of your case.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Hello every one. We have just gotten our pr visa (my husband and I) via qsw program and copr and we are not an immediate family of a canadian but we are extended family of a Canadian(my sister in law). Could we enter Canada?
The immediate family member doesn't apply to you. Come on over, you are good to travel to Canada now.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Are you sure? There is written on cic website that copr issued after march 18th are not exempt from border restrications. We wonder if we could land and get pr card.
This is the family sponsorship forum. You might get better info in the forums applying to your program.