+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing with family

haf07

Aug 26, 2013
Hi All,

A trivial question perhaps, but just to be on the safe side, I am landing in Montreal along with my wife and daughter (both Canadians), we are carrying 6 bags in total. Do I just declare in the carried goods list my own belongings selectively or do I need to declare all of our family's belongings within the 6 bags?

Many thanks!

jpsant

Aug 14, 2014
Visa Office......
SP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2014
AOR Received.
17-02-2015
Med's Done....
12-11-2014
You should declare all of them (luggage bags and carry-ons).
As you're landing, I heard you will not pay duties and taxes on your items.
So.. maybe someone more experienced will help u out better!
good luck and congratulations!!

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
jpsant said:
You should declare all of them (luggage bags and carry-ons).
As you're landing, I heard you will not pay duties and taxes on your items.
So.. maybe someone more experienced will help u out better!
good luck and congratulations!!
i don't think he can declare his wife and daughter's things, since they are canadian. if they are also MOVING back to canada, then, his wife would need to declare her items.

generally, if you are only landing with a couple of bags, you don't even need to fill out the B4 goods form. you would just declare the usual items they ask about at entry/on declaration form. the goods forms are for larger/higher quantity household goods and for items you plan to bring at a later date.

haf07

Aug 26, 2013
rhcohen2014 said:
i don't think he can declare his wife and daughter's things, since they are canadian. if they are also MOVING back to canada, then, his wife would need to declare her items.

generally, if you are only landing with a couple of bags, you don't even need to fill out the B4 goods form. you would just declare the usual items they ask about at entry/on declaration form. the goods forms are for larger/higher quantity household goods and for items you plan to bring at a later date.
Thank you for the feedback (both actually), I was just getting into that conclusion, we are basically just carrying clothes, few toys and books, our personal laptops/smartphones...so yes, not quite sure those would require us the B4 form. If anyone else has a counter experience, that would be great to know ahead of the landing.

naveedpcs

May 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad ( my file did not move to uk)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 june 2013
Doc's Request.
No
AOR Received.
1st week of july 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
13 Nov,2013 , in process from : feb 5, 2015
Med's Request
18 Nov. 2015
Med's Done....
25 Nov. 2015
Interview........
Wived. Thank God
Passport Req..
18 Nov. 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Dec.16,2015 thank God
LANDED..........
15 jan. 2016 insha Allah
haf07 said:
Thank you for the feedback (both actually), I was just getting into that conclusion, we are basically just carrying clothes, few toys and books, our personal laptops/smartphones...so yes, not quite sure those would require us the B4 form. If anyone else has a counter experience, that would be great to know ahead of the landing.
congratulations and welcome in ca