+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing waaaaay sooner than we anticipated! :-)

Soleil2020

Star Member
Jul 30, 2012
In the past few weeks, we had received news that we shouldn't expect to hear anything about our application until mid July. That would have put my case at around 18 months. We were pretty devastated and I was making plans to go back to the States to wait it out some more separated from my husband come this spring.

But we received fantastic news in an email last night after my husband had written to the CIC asking a couple of questions. It was in French but the translation went as follows:

"Dear Client, Your request for permanent residence was approved on 2/13/2014. Your confirmation of permanent residence has been sent to you through regular mail on 2/14/14 to the following address ... " :)

We went online to look at the status and it had changed as well. " Decision Made", just because I wanted to see that after staring at the " Application Received" note all this time.

I had to pinch myself to make sure I wasn't dreaming.

Anyway, just waiting now for the documents to arrive at my attorney's office for them to forward to me. So happy right now!

:)

Step

Jan 4, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 21,2013
AOR Received.
August 26,2013
File Transfer...
September 13,2013
Med's Done....
Upfront. July 13,2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 29,2014
VISA ISSUED...
June 4,2014.
LANDED..........
June 24, 2014. 6:00 pm
Soleil2020 said:
In the past few weeks, we had received news that we shouldn't expect to hear anything about our application until mid July. That would have put my case at around 18 months. We were pretty devastated and I was making plans to go back to the States to wait it out some more separated from my husband come this spring.

But we received fantastic news in an email last night after my husband had written to the CIC asking a couple of questions. It was in French but the translation went as follows:

"Dear Client, Your request for permanent residence was approved on 2/13/2014. Your confirmation of permanent residence has been sent to you through regular mail on 2/14/14 to the following address ... " :)

We went online to look at the status and it had changed as well. " Decision Made", just because I wanted to see that after staring at the " Application Received" note all this time.

Anyway, just waiting now for the documents to arrive at my attorney's office for them to forward to me. So happy right now!

Congrats, you are almost done with this whole frustrating process.
Enjoy, best wishes.
Step

Zarilenth

Oct 18, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
01-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-06-2014; COPR received 27-06-2014
LANDED..........
30-07-2014
Soleil2020 said:

Congrats Soleil! I'm glad your difficult process is almost over :D

fandv

Aug 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Jan 2013
AOR Received.
CPC-M: None. Singapore: 25 Apr 2013
File Transfer...
17 Apr 2013
Med's Request
2nd request: 5 Feb 2014
Med's Done....
1st: 12 Dec 2012. 2nd: 11 Feb 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14 Feb 2014 and also e-CAS changed to "In Process" on that day. Passport got to Singapore: 12 Mar '14
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made on eCAS: 12 April 2014. Visa n COPR issued 8 April 2014, received 16 May 2014.
LANDED..........
20 May 2014. PR card arrived on 29 July 2014.
Soleil2020 said:

Oh I thought you quit this forum? ;D

Not that we don't want you here though....(we do...) *hugs*

Big congrats to you and your husband! :D

FooF

Star Member
Feb 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mex City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-06-2013
Doc's Request.
28-10-2013
AOR Received.
28-10-2013
File Transfer...
12-07-2013
Med's Done....
09-05-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2014
LANDED..........
01-02-2014
Soleil2020 said:

Congrats!

Similar to my case, enjoy this is almost over! :D

Mushmash

Star Member
Jun 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2012
Interview........
10-12-2013
Passport Req..
25-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
18-03-2014
Soleil2020 said:

Congratulations! When did you receive PPR? Is this through Ottawa VO? Thanks

Soleil2020

Star Member
Jul 30, 2012
fandv said:
Oh I thought you quit this forum? ;D

Not that we don't want you here though....(we do...) *hugs*

Big congrats to you and your husband! :D
Thanks..haha...i did have to leave the forum for a little while. I found it more upsetting than helpful at times, especially after someone started name calling. That was hurtful in the middle of that whole difficult waiting period. Preparing for an unwanted separation from each other was heart wrenching for my husband and I ( as it would be for anyone). I was literally packing my bags to go back to the States to wait until I got more news, when we received the email about my approval.

But it's all behind us now. I still can't believe it! :)

Pratap. S

Mar 17, 2014
Soleil2020 said:

Great news congratulations!!! Was it an inland sponsorship? How much time did it take for the first stage approval to come and finally the whole approval for PR?

melferr

Jan 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-12-2013
AOR Received.
27-01-2014
File Transfer...
08-01-2014
Med's Done....
14-11-2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
13-02-2014, Passport sent: 27-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2014 YAAY!!!!
LANDED..........
30-04-2014
Great news! congrats! They do indeed surprise u with the processing time. I was also told not to expect anything until the end of the year but my husband got his visa in just 3 months.