+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing very soon - Need help with Goods to Follow B4 form

tan1chak2

Dec 12, 2008
Hey Everyone
My spouse and I will be landing in Canada very soon . We have questions . Hopefully someone can answer them :
1. What is the difference between forms B4 and B4A ? Do we need to fill both or just one of them ?
2. In the Importer's Address field in B4 , do we fill the same address as the one provided for PR card ?
3. We are going to Canada just for landing process and then coming back to US to work here for sometime until we permanently move. So this time we will be carrying very minimal belongings. Do we need to prepare an Accompanying Goods list for that too ?

( Qorax - your posts helped a lot. Thanks very much for the detailed information )

Thanks
tan1chak2

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
tan1chak2 said:
Hey Everyone
My spouse and I will be landing in Canada very soon . We have questions . Hopefully someone can answer them :
1. What is the difference between forms B4 and B4A ? Do we need to fill both or just one of them ?
2. In the Importer's Address field in B4 , do we fill the same address as the one provided for PR card ?
3. We are going to Canada just for landing process and then coming back to US to work here for sometime until we permanently move. So this time we will be carrying very minimal belongings. Do we need to prepare an Accompanying Goods list for that too ?

( Qorax - your posts helped a lot. Thanks very much for the detailed information )

Thanks
tan1chak2
1. B4A is just an extension of the original B4... it's used for additional items [over the 8 rows] if any.
2. Any Canadian Address would do... yes, the PRC one should be fine.
3. Technically - Yes. However, many times the BSO wouldn't bother with the GAL [Goods Accompanying List].

Thanks.
Qorax

Canooknic

Sep 20, 2010
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
17th May 2011
Sorry to jump in on this thread, but there have been so many that I didn't want to start another!

I am a citizen, but have been in the UK since I was a child. I am moving back to Edmonton in May with my family and my fiancé will do his PR landing.

Should he take the forms with him, or should I, or should we both have a copy just in case??

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Canooknic said:
Sorry to jump in on this thread, but there have been so many that I didn't want to start another!

I am a citizen, but have been in the UK since I was a child. I am moving back to Edmonton in May with my family and my fiancé will do his PR landing.

Should he take the forms with him, or should I, or should we both have a copy just in case??
U go as a 'Returning Resident' & your goods go free with u, if listed. Your fiance, if he is under FC, sponsored by u, doesn't need to 'list' anything separately. However, if he's thru FSW - he can use separate B4s - to bring-in his goods.

Qorax

Canooknic

Sep 20, 2010
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
17th May 2011
qorax said:
U go as a 'Returning Resident' & your goods go free with u, if listed. Your fiance, if he is under FC, sponsored by u, doesn't need to 'list' anything separately. However, if he's thru FSW - he can use separate B4s - to bring-in his goods.

Qorax
Thank you....you're a star ! :-*

cancan08

Jan 4, 2011
Guys we are also going to land next month. This is regarding the proof of funds eg. bank draft. can we use US dollar in our bank draft? our local branch (bank) can't issue canadian dollars in bank draft. will they accept this at the port of entry?

please advise?