+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing tomorrow - Funds Question

jamesls1

Star Member
Apr 21, 2016
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I will be landing tomorrow. I am in the FSW category so I need $12,300 in my bank. I showed this when I applied for PR by sending off 6 months bank statements.

However, since I sent my application I have had to spend some of the money. I came home from Canada to the UK and did not have consistent employment as I was here for a family emergency.

I have $10,200 in my TD chequing account and I have $2,900 on a TD credit card.

I have $2,200 in cash from money I've pulled out of UK accounts / gifts. I'll be turning up with this $2,200 cash upon landing - is this OK to do this?

I hear that a lot of people don't get asked about finances but some do. Any advice on what to do will be most appreciated! I could...

1) provide the last month's statement (printed screen shot) for my TD chequing account and not show the balance page (which will have my credit card balance on), and show the rest in cash

2) Get my friend in Canada who owes me money to transfer some money over to me today in order to top my chequing balance up. (worried that a last min transaction before my flight will look too obvious?).

3) Show the balance page with the topped up funds from my friend and also turn up with the cash.

If anyone can shed any light on the landing procedure and what they could ask to see / if they even do ask, that will really help. Thanks!

mgnlky

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
I have $10,200 in my TD chequing account and I have $2,900 on a TD credit card. Pretty sure they won't include available funds on a credit card as proof of funds. Or is it a TD pre-paid card?

I have $2,200 in cash from money I've pulled out of UK accounts / gifts. I'll be turning up with this $2,200 cash upon landing - is this OK to do this? Taking cash is fine.

!

Julianasnr

Nov 19, 2014
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys... can someone please help me?

When I do the landing, do I have to take all of the +-13k CAD they ask for the proof of funds? Can I take a part in cash and show the bank extract? Because I was planning on transferring the rest of the money from my country do Canada.

rorschach13

Star Member
Mar 9, 2017
AOR Received.
25-06-2017

When I do the landing, do I have to take all of the +-13k CAD they ask for the proof of funds? Can I take a part in cash and show the bank extract? Because I was planning on transferring the rest of the money from my country do Canada.
You don't have to show it in cash form...

redherring

Star Member
Apr 18, 2016
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
20-01-2017
AOR Received.
06-02-2017
Med's Done....
20-01-2017
Interview........
23-01-2018
LANDED..........
23-01-2018
I don't think they'll ask to show how much money you have. I came without cash in hand as tourist before and I wasn't questioned further. During my landing, this question wasn't asked to me as well. If you are too worried about not having enough cash, I believe you can show them a letter from family or relatives saying that you are staying with them and/or they're supporting you. If they have questions about the letter, they'll just contact your family to confirm. I think 12k is more than enough to get started though.

santhkum90

Oct 17, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-09-2017
AOR Received.
15-09-2017
Passport Req..
16-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2017
LANDED..........
28-03-2018

I came in with 4k in hand and the rest in my account. No need to carry the full amount with you.

medwiz

May 25, 2014
I don't think they'll ask to show how much money you have. I came without cash in hand as tourist before and I wasn't questioned further. During my landing, this question wasn't asked to me as well. If you are too worried about not having enough cash, I believe you can show them a letter from family or relatives saying that you are staying with them and/or they're supporting you. If they have questions about the letter, they'll just contact your family to confirm. I think 12k is more than enough to get started though.
Sorry that's incorrect...

It's true that it seems they don't ask for POF upon landing as regularly as they used to..but it is still important to have it just in case...and that means it should be your money...guarantees from friends or family won't do
.. ideally you should have the same (but updated) documents for POF submitted during the initial application... even if you have a large sum in cash be sure you're able to prove it's yours through bank statements or salary slips etc..