+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing this week :) List of goods is driving me bonkers :)

88mv

Jan 22, 2011
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 25, 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 31, 2010
Med's Request
Sent with App
Med's Done....
Sept 12, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 11, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
March 10, 2011
LANDED..........
April 13, 2011
My flight is on Wednesday evening to SeaTac and I'll land in the very wee hours of Thursday morning. :)
I think I've redone and reorganized my list of goods about 10 times now. I just cant seem to decide whats important enough to list and what isn't!

tanhayi

Oct 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
05-03-2011
88mv said:
My flight is on Wednesday evening to SeaTac and I'll land in the very wee hours of Thursday morning. :)
I think I've redone and reorganized my list of goods about 10 times now. I just cant seem to decide whats important enough to list and what isn't!
What did u included in ur goods to accompany list? good luck :)

saifsmarty

Apr 4, 2010
pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
ISBD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
JUNE 2011.
Passport Req..
ON WAITING
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
WAITING
88mv said:

gud luck yar , pray for me too. i'm waiting for my ppr frm Islamabad office,41 months r gone for my process.i miss my little son and wife ..r waiting for me in canada,i cant tel my feelings and vry happy for u. gud luk again.

AllisonVSC

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Conjugal Partner
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
88mv said:
You can group similar items on your list (clothes and shoes, books, kitchenware, etc) and put one value on the group. List major electronics, jewelry and other valuables separately and include things like serial numbers, appraisals, etc for those items on the list. If you have goods coming with you and goods to follow then make two lists.

Make an inclusive list of your goods, but it is not necessary to list each item individually. They just want a sense of what you are bringing...they won't count each sock! Hope that helps. Safe travels.

tanhayi

Oct 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
05-03-2011
AllisonVSC said:
You can group similar items on your list (clothes and shoes, books, kitchenware, etc) and put one value on the group. List major electronics, jewelry and other valuables separately and include things like serial numbers, appraisals, etc for those items on the list. If you have goods coming with you and goods to follow then make two lists.

Make an inclusive list of your goods, but it is not necessary to list each item individually. They just want a sense of what you are bringing...they won't count each sock! Hope that helps. Safe travels.
and how many bags they allow us to take with us?
2 bags of 23 kg each?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tanhayi said:
and how many bags they allow us to take with us?
2 bags of 23 kg each?
Yes, all AC flights except India and Brazil, 2 bags of 23kg each as checked baggage

88mv

Jan 22, 2011
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 25, 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 31, 2010
Med's Request
Sent with App
Med's Done....
Sept 12, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 11, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
March 10, 2011
LANDED..........
April 13, 2011
I'm flying Southwest and I'm going to have 2 suitcases and 4 large duffel bags... should be fun!
I'm unsure what to put for my rings, I have the receipt for my wedding ring, but hubby lost the slip for my engagement ring (figures).

tanhayi

Oct 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
05-03-2011
88mv said:
I'm flying Southwest and I'm going to have 2 suitcases and 4 large duffel bags... should be fun!
I'm unsure what to put for my rings, I have the receipt for my wedding ring, but hubby lost the slip for my engagement ring (figures).
share ur experience when u reach there, specially when u bring any gold with u
good luck

Atog

Jul 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2010
AOR Received.
28-01-2011
File Transfer...
17-12-2010
Med's Done....
29-06-2010
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
07/03/2011
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
-
my hubby land on YVR airport, we forgot about the list of goods form, but the officer didnt even mention it... just wanna share our experience

88mv

Jan 22, 2011
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 25, 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 31, 2010
Med's Request
Sent with App
Med's Done....
Sept 12, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 11, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
March 10, 2011
LANDED..........
April 13, 2011
Atog said:
my hubby land on YVR airport, we forgot about the list of goods form, but the officer didnt even mention it... just wanna share our experience
How much stuff did he bring? I wonder if they don't mess with it if you don't bring too much...

AllisonVSC

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Conjugal Partner
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
88mv said:
Estimate the value of the engagement ring (used resale value) or get an appraisal (maybe you already have one if you have a rider on your insurance policy?) and do bring the list...although you could write the list upon a arrival if necessary. It is not a big deal, but you do need to claim your goods to avoid taxes and duty and to avoid a smuggling charge (a cautionary tale of one unlucky fellow on the forum who didn't claim his engagement ring when he brought it in to propose. It came back to bite him later when his Canadian fiancée was traveling back across the border alone to Canada wearing it. He had quite an ordeal straightening it out).

Don't sweat it. Landing and customs is SO much easier than applying and getting approval.

Heckler

Mar 14, 2011
Bristol, Uk
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-10
Passport Req..
11-01-11
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-11
LANDED..........
02-04-11
88mv said:
How much stuff did he bring? I wonder if they don't mess with it if you don't bring too much...
I think it's more important to make sure you make a list of "goods to follow" especially if you're intending on having things shipped rather than carrying the yourself. If you haven't had the list stamped upon your entry as a PR you WILL be charged import duty on anything thats been shipped & is over the threshold value. To avoid that you have to present a copy of the stamped list to customs. If you don't have it you'll be parting with money before they release your shipped goods to you

Atog

Jul 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2010
AOR Received.
28-01-2011
File Transfer...
17-12-2010
Med's Done....
29-06-2010
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
07/03/2011
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
-
88mv said:
I came with him that time, and our total bagage is 6 big one, 2 small hand-carry size and 2 backpack