+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing soon... Pls advise

recron

Jun 23, 2012
I am planing to land in mid July.. Please help me with the following..
1. Which airline will be good to travel with baby?
2. If I need to change flight in London, do I need a transit Visa.(I am Indian and will board flight from New Delhi)
3. What are the options to carry funds with me?
4. Should i get an NRE account opened? How will I be able to send money for my family back home? Which bank is the best to open an account in India and in Canada. We have an option to open account in Scotia bank from India..Should I get it opened..
5. How can I carry Gold with me. Will it be safe as I will stay in some hotel initially.
6. What are the essential things/items I should bring with me?

manianz47

Sep 15, 2008
Hi
1. Which airline will be good to travel with baby?
Jet Airways should be OK. Air Canada (with Code sharing) also preferable

2. If I need to change flight in London, do I need a transit Visa.(I am Indian and will board flight from New Delhi)
Replied elsewhere

3. What are the options to carry funds with me?
Travelers Check or Cash preferred. Wire Transfer is the best if you already have a Canadian Account
Please plan for Proof of Funds (Not sure about your status)

4. Should i get an NRE account opened? How will I be able to send money for my family back home? Which bank is the best to open an account in India and in Canada. We have an option to open account in Scotia bank from India..Should I get it opened..
Scotia Bank - Better to Open while in India.
SBI/ICICI also have presence here (depends on the City)
Money Transfer should not limit your Bank option. You have other ways to transfer (Remit2India is a great option)

5. How can I carry Gold with me. Will it be safe as I will stay in some hotel initially.
As jewelry, should be fine. High value should be declared, if required. Most of the Hotels have Safe Deposit Lockers. Safety should not be an issue.

6. What are the essential things/items I should bring with me?
Nothing in particular except medicines. You get almost all Indian items (Groceries, Clothes,OTC medicines like Moov, Amrutanjan). Clothings are preferred since you will have gtreat designs in India (and definitely cheaper)

All the Best

cyberbobsa

May 19, 2012
Brampton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
I usually prefer to travel by BA as you can have a short break at London airport and stretch you leg, sitting in a plane for very long time may became really tiring. But make sure you specify meal with your bookings.
You can also look at Emirates, they have very good service.
Just my 2 cent opinion :)

Loulou79

Apr 11, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi-regarding the gold, check with ur back. CIBC told me that I'm entitled for a safe for one year. free of charge.

kiwi1

Star Member
Jun 9, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi

Can anyone please help.

When landing, will the immigration (CBSA) officer accepts a PO Box as my address where to send my PR card? I will be temporarily staying in a hostel until I find a suitable place when I land.

Thanks.