+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing soon - Need to know cost of cable, internet and cell phone services ?

sarimraza

May 23, 2012
Dear All

I plan to land soon in toronto and plan to live in missisuaga in some 1 bedroom flat -- I need to know

1. The rent of the flat will include cable and internet or not ?

2. What about other utilities like electricity and gas and Hydro (what does hydro mean anyway ) ?

3. Suppose i have to get the services of cable and internet and cell phone -- which provider should i contact for all 3 and what is the lowest that i would be expected to pay each month ?

btw, cable includes appx how many channels ?

Thanks

Loulou79

Apr 11, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I have been in Mississauga for one month now, I'm moving to the rented apartment soon.

Usually in new building the TV cable and the Electricity (hydro) r not included.

I went to Rogers outlet in Squareone mall, they had a 6 month free offer- maximum TV channels+Landline & Internet.

after 6 months I'll be paying 38,04 for the basic channels, 61.99 for the "Extreme internet,and 28,91 for the landline. And if I want to cancel the land line I have to pay them 400 dollars!

The rent for a one-bed room ranges from 1350 to 1500.

Apartments in the new bulding are really tiny. around 600 to 700 sqf.

Loulou79

Apr 11, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In the new buldings rents include: Water consupmtion, Heating and Cooling, one parking space, a locker.

and by the way, each apartment has 6 appliances: Washer,dryer, microwave, refregirator,dishwasher and the stove.

If you need telephone numbers for brokers, please let me know.

parkarasif

Star Member
May 2, 2008
@ loulou79

I am moving in month of Aug/Sept. in Brampton / Missisauga area ,please can u give me broker contact #.

And if it is possible u can tell me the term of your lease. What is Hydro?

Loulou79

Apr 11, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Asif,

Hydro is the company that supplies your electricity. My lease is one year, rent is 1400 a month. hydro (electricity) not included. Only heating and cooling are included.

You can contact Ali Zamani on 416-743-2000 or 416-268-5353-"alizamani" <alizamani@live.ca>, check his website :http://www.royalstate.ca/

Loulou79

Apr 11, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
its also frecommended that you have a third party liability insurance, according to the broker I dealt with it would be around 12 to 15 dollar a month, but I do not know what it covers. Will know in a few days.

sarimraza

May 23, 2012
Dear Loulou

You have given some very useful information, i needed some clarifications

1. The rent range ur giving 1300-1500 seems a bit too high for a 1 bed apartment in missisauga - is this right next to square one ?

I have heard from flats in main downtown toronto that are in that range, and thought one could get a better deal in SAUGA. Secondly you said electricity and water are included in rent ?

2. Regarding the 6 months Rogers deal for cable, internet and landline, i have following questions . .

1. What if you dont use the services after 6 months use, r u bound to use them ?

2. Suppose u only use ONE of the services after 6 months, is that allowed ?

3. If u dont want extreme internet, can u also get slower one that is cheaper ?

4. What i understand is that after 6 months u need to atleast have landline otherwise they will bill u 400 ?

5. What do u mean by internet -- is this wireless or broadband (with wire ) ?

6. If you dont use cable (tv) in SAUGA, and just use normal canadian tv connection, how many channels can u see ?

Thanks

Loulou79

Apr 11, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
. The rent range ur giving 1300-1500 seems a bit too high for a 1 bed apartment in missisauga - is this right next to square one ?Yes squareone is right in front of me-Ithought rent would be cheaper than Toronto, but cuz the bulding r new and have many facilities gym,swimmingpool, etc they r as exxpensive

I have heard from flats in main downtown toronto that are in that range, and thought one could get a better deal in SAUGA. Secondly you said electricity and water are included in rent ?elecricity is not included in most of them. water,cooling and heating r icluded, plus one parking and sometimes a locker. been told its a small space where u can store some of ur belongings

2. Regarding the 6 months Rogers deal for cable, internet and landline, i have following questions . .

1. What if you dont use the services after 6 months use, r u bound to use them ?I have not been through the contract, but I guess the cancellation fee will be high. I told them I didn't want the landline, and they told me I can cancell it, but have to pay 400. Anyways, the offer has expired. Maybe there will be new offers.

2. Suppose u only use ONE of the services after 6 months, is that allowed ?Again u have to pay cancellation fees for each service

3. If u dont want extreme internet, can u also get slower one that is cheaper ?Yes, Lite is 35,99 a month- Express is 48.99 a month.

4. What i understand is that after 6 months u need to atleast have landline otherwise they will bill u 400 ?Yes so I'm keeping everything

5. What do u mean by internet -- is this wireless or broadband (with wire ) ?Wireless

6. If you dont use cable (tv) in SAUGA, and just use normal canadian tv connection, how many channels can u see ?thats the thing, there r no free channels, u have to have a cabel to watch anything-been told by my broker that some ppl would use the laptop to watch their programs instead of buying a TV set

Thanks

cyberbobsa

May 19, 2012
Brampton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi
There is another solution
Get a net connection only which may cost you maybe 50 $ , not from Rogers, rogers is costliest, there are several other service provider
Then get voip phone like Vonage , which offer free calls to 60 countries including india and pak, cost 30 $ per month
To watch tv channels get a settop box like jaado, and u can watch all channels free, one time cost 200$, no monthly cost.
Thanks

sarimraza

May 23, 2012
Thanks Cyber bobsa

I have following questions in response to your reply

1. If we buy jadoo for 200 USD can it be sold later after few months _ does it have re sale value ?

2. You said dont buy net connection from rogers -- then who do u recommend and how much would it cost - is it different if i get cable net or wireless net ?

3. u said get vonage for international calls - can we use this for local calls in canada also ?

But i think cell phone would be better - since calling from pakistan to canada is cheap -- i heard there are no incoming charges on cell phone in some deals in canada , is this true ?

Thanks

cyberbobsa

May 19, 2012
Brampton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ok I willl try to answer your questions one by one

1) Yes you can sell it online, easily you will get 100-125 C$

2) Several options are available, depends on your location too , check www.canadianisp.ca for all details, cabel is certainly better then wireless.

3) All calls to US canada and 60 other countries are free, check www.vonage.ca for offer.

Cell phone can be cheap too , but not free check www.comparecellular.com to compare cell plan rates.

Thanks