+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing shortly ! Thank You every one here for all the help - Advise for others!

maran1976

Feb 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 April 2010
AOR Received.
26 Nov 2010 (2nd Aor Date)
Med's Request
28-02-2013
Med's Done....
6th March 2013
Interview........
hopefully waived
Passport Req..
Recvd by CHC Mar 13th
Finally everything ( except a job ) is in place.
Flying Lufthansa to Toronto with just one stop over, 18hr 45 mins.

Will be based in Mississauga. Managed to get an apt flat on one of the floors of a 20 floor building. Its a 2 bedroom with a pretty good balcony and view from it. Located off Huontario st ( look on google maps) pretty close to bus and GO and various stores, schools and health centers ! The cost was 1200 per month incl hydro and water , has gym, indoor pool, indoor squash etc...
The point of this post is to explain that contrary to popular misconception that anything under $1000 will not be livable, you can actually get a pretty good place ! The private rentals that we see online are over priced ! But there is a catch and may not work for all !

I asked a close friend to apply for the apartment and they did the credit check on him. The application has me as his family. Simple and sorted.
If you have close friends or family, its worth asking them to apply on your behalf , even before you land there or just after you land !

Met a fellow forum member recently, it was good to catch up !

Good luck to all !

cocknbull

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats on getting an apartment and yeah Missisauga is cheap, you can get one bedroom apartment under $1000..just one draw back you are little far from main Toronto city...best wishes and good luck for job hunt, that will be the biggest challange you face...

vaibhavvd

May 26, 2010
Hyderabad, India
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-02-2010
Doc's Request.
26-03-2010
AOR Received.
26-03-2010
IELTS Request
26-03-2010
File Transfer...
30-03-2010
Med's Request
29-05-2013
Med's Done....
13-06-2013
Passport Req..
05-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
09-10-2013
LANDED..........
First Q 2014
Congrats Maran... and all the best for the job hunting. Keep us posted with your endeavours in Canada.

- Vaibhav

maran1976

Feb 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 April 2010
AOR Received.
Med's Request
28-02-2013
Med's Done....
6th March 2013
Interview........
hopefully waived
Passport Req..
Recvd by CHC Mar 13th
cocknbull said:
Congrats on getting an apartment and yeah Missisauga is cheap, you can get one bedroom apartment under $1000..just one draw back you are little far from main Toronto city...best wishes and good luck for job hunt, that will be the biggest challange you face...
true, Job hunt, that's the biggest challenge. But shouldn't come as a shocker, thanks to the forum, lol

Missi - Toronto 28 kms
Markham - Toronto 29kms
Scarborough - Toronto 27kms
Vaughan - Toronto - 27km-34km
Brampton - Toronto 44.2 kms

So considering other destinations that are popular with us desi guys, mississauga is not that far away (Courtsey google maps) !
Also, privately rented houses/basements prices are pushed up by us desi guys who cramp up. eg 3-4 single guys in a 1BR, by paying more. That makes the landlords, greedy and hike up the prices as new immigrants cant go through credit checks ! lol
Its not that its cheap, you can get a better place, if you can go through a credit check !

KRP

Jan 13, 2012
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
01/02/2011
Mississ has the worst transport system. You need to wait a long time to get buses. Brampi too has the same problem.
If you could buy a car at the earliest u will like living there or life is miserable.
Scary ;D where I reside has buses every 5 minutes. A newcomer can stay without a car as TTC is the best.

maran1976

Feb 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 April 2010
AOR Received.
Med's Request
28-02-2013
Med's Done....
6th March 2013
Interview........
hopefully waived
Passport Req..
Recvd by CHC Mar 13th
KRP said:
Mississ has the worst transport system. You need to wait a long time to get buses. Brampi too has the same problem.
If you could buy a car at the earliest u will like living there or life is miserable.
Scary ;D where I reside has buses every 5 minutes. A newcomer can stay without a car as TTC is the best.
good point. hoping for a car asap as i will get full G license in a few days of landing.
btw, where do you stay ?

cocknbull

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maran1976 said:
Missi - Toronto 28 kms
Markham - Toronto 29kms
Scarborough - Toronto 27kms
Vaughan - Toronto - 27km-34km
Brampton - Toronto 44.2 kms
Is it necessary to live in desi area ? and as you said prices are increased by landlaords due to more people sharing one apartment...

Toronto-Toronto 0 km .. ;)

Why I said Toronto because more jobs in the main city and if you live here you can save on petrol and time travelling from Mississauga to Toronto...Good luck any way...

maran1976

Feb 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 April 2010
AOR Received.
Med's Request
28-02-2013
Med's Done....
6th March 2013
Interview........
hopefully waived
Passport Req..
Recvd by CHC Mar 13th
cocknbull said:
Is it necessary to live in desi area ? and as you said prices are increased by landlaords due to more people sharing one apartment...

Why I said Toronto because more jobs in the main city and if you live here you can save on petrol and time travelling from Mississauga to Toronto...Good luck any way...
I agree, there is nothing like living in Toronto. But with accompanying family, indeed difficult to find a place that fits all aspects.
Ofcourse, this missi, could be just for a year ! who knows...

KRP

Jan 13, 2012
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
01/02/2011
Maran You could check on Don Mills and Eglinton. A Desi hub. :-\

maran1976

Feb 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 April 2010
AOR Received.
Med's Request
28-02-2013
Med's Done....
6th March 2013
Interview........
hopefully waived
Passport Req..
Recvd by CHC Mar 13th
KRP said:
Maran You could check on Don Mills and Eglinton. A Desi hub. :-\
I would want to stay away from desi hub, the only reason I quoted the above distances as my desi friends will understand Missi is not that far off, compared to other suburbs (lacks good public transport as u pointed out). No offence, but I have seen how some desi hubs have turned out in the UK, wouldn't want to live there

damodar

Star Member
Jul 10, 2013
hi cocknbull
how are you
my case got refuge in march 2013 at last stage after submitting medical and landing fees
then I went for judicial appeal and on 1st week july I got settlement offer from department of justice , so they error of law has been made
so I accepted their offer and my case going back to new visa officer for redetermination
could you plz how long it take from here on
all kind of police clearance was done on my file
I have my submit my new medical and landing fees also
I lost my 15 points but after acceptance with federal court , I got my 15 point back so my point score reached on 80 now
plz do reply how long Ottawa will now , as I have job offer I m loosing salary every month
I have filed my case in dec 2009 and oct 2011 I got request to submit medical and landing fees also

damodar

Star Member
Jul 10, 2013
cocknbull said:

hi cocknbull
how are you
my case got refuge in march 2013 at last stage after submitting medical and landing fees
then I went for judicial appeal and on 1st week july I got settlement offer from department of justice , so they error of law has been made
so I accepted their offer and my case going back to new visa officer for redetermination
could you plz how long it take from here on
all kind of police clearance was done on my file
I have my submit my new medical and landing fees also
I lost my 15 points but after acceptance with federal court , I got my 15 point back so my point score reached on 80 now
plz do reply how long Ottawa will now , as I have job offer I m loosing salary every month
I have filed my case in dec 2009 and oct 2011 I got request to submit medical and landing fees also