+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing Separate

kikiva

Feb 16, 2017
Hello,

My partner and I have got our passports back from Ottawa and we are yet to do our landing process. My question is can we do the landing separate? she is my dependant. however i am going out of country for work and would be able to land on the way back prior to her.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello,

My partner and I have got our passports back from Ottawa and we are yet to do our landing process. My question is can we do the landing separate? she is my dependant. however i am going out of country for work and would be able to land on the way back prior to her.
Hi

As long as the PA lands first, there is no issue landing separately.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
is it required that the PA lands first? because I will be not be returning for a month and my partner would like to land earlier.
Yes, it is required. If she tries to land before you, she will be refused.

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Yes, the PA has to land first. The dependents can land with the PA or after the PA has landed.
you can land for a day and leave as long a you go in first do a soft landing. or just go together, leave and do whatever you have to do. she'll be able to stay. landing doesn't mean permanently settling

johnmunch

Nov 12, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I asked that question yesterday but couldn't get a clear answer. Does each applicant land with his or her personal lists of goods ie different for husband than for wife or do the documents need to be identical for both spouses?

relyris

Sep 14, 2017
I asked that question yesterday but couldn't get a clear answer. Does each applicant land with his or her personal lists of goods ie different for husband than for wife or do the documents need to be identical for both spouses?
If you are landing jointly then one list is ok but if PA is landing first and dependent will follow then make separate lists.

relyris

Sep 14, 2017
Hello,

Dependents cant land ahead of PA.Period.

mira_johnson

Sep 30, 2015
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-2017
LANDED..........
10-2017
From CIC:
ORDER OF LANDING FOR FAMILIES/DELAYED ARRIVAL: There are two options for family landings. Whichever option you choose, it is important to remember that the principal applicant must always be the first landed.

Option A: The entire family (including the principal applicant) lands together. If you choose this option, all family members must land at the same time and at the same port of entry.

Option B: The principal applicant lands first alone. The dependants may then follow the principal applicant at a later date provided their COPR’s remain valid.

------

In other words, you, the main applicant, need to land before your dependent OR at the same time.

Reactions: Rmate

Epatha 23

May 9, 2019
Hello there can anybody help me please.i am the principal applicant and i have my husband and my 2 kids with me as my dependents.we are all here in canada and we received our COPR and passport with visa.I wanted to land first together with my 2 kids and my husband will land later after i got my PR.is it possible?our status also is on implied status including my husband.the reason why im doing it because my husband had a conditional discharged and he completed it last year already.he is totally cleared now thats why they released our COPR but the problem is the US border.i phoned us border and asked for my husband case and they told me that hemight be hold or questioned esp.he was charged for mischief and possession of meth.thank you