+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing record

waitingforaction

Feb 21, 2014
i have citizenship test/interview in two weeks! but just realized that i lost my record of landing paper! is that a problem since its one of the requirement to bring with you to the interview!

I do still have my PR card though!

any suggestions?

bangloboy

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bit of a dilemma there. You don't even have a photocopy of this? I'm sure you sent a copy when you applied for Citizenship. Just take all other IDs with you and I'm sure your passport has the original date stamp when you landed. Also you have a PR card

Also I would call CIC. They might suggest to apply for a Verification of Status (VOS) which is to send a copy of a missing document. I doubt you will get it soon but atleast you can show the officer you applied for one in case the officer asks for the record of landing by taking a proof of payment for the VOS request.

Link for VOS: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/certcopy.asp

Good luck

dandash

Star Member
Jan 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A copy is enough ... we lost ours and requested new ones since we didnt have a copy .
The new one was sent by email ... So a copy should be fine :)
Good luck

waitingforaction

Feb 21, 2014
dandash said:
A copy is enough ... we lost ours and requested new ones since we didnt have a copy .
The new one was sent by email ... So a copy should be fine :)
Good luck
Thanks for your reply!

How long did it take to get the new one from CIC? as I guess it will be true copy i.e certified since its coming from the CIC!

dandash

Star Member
Jan 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It took 6 months ... Again a copy is enough ... wt we got was an email with the landing record ... its a copy from the system

waitingforaction

Feb 21, 2014
dandash said:
It took 6 months ... Again a copy is enough ... wt we got was an email with the landing record ... its a copy from the system
Thanks again for your reply!

Sorry for asking too many questions!

But was stamped differently as certified copy or some thing like that? as I heard they need the original document to stamp it at the time of the Oath!

dandash

Star Member
Jan 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dont worry about it :)
The only thing that is there " NOT VALID FOR TRAVEL " .. there are no stamps
Do u have this on ur copy ?!

waitingforaction

Feb 21, 2014
dandash said:
Dont worry about it :)
The only thing that is there " NOT VALID FOR TRAVEL " .. there are no stamps
Do u have this on ur copy ?!

Yes there is " NOT VALID FOR TRAVEL " on the background of the paper!

Have you done your test and interview and showed what you have and they were ok with it?

Hopefully this is my last question :)

dandash

Star Member
Jan 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LOL ... No, I'm applying hopefully in June . My husband called them and they said that this is the landing document that should be sent with the application :)