+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing questions

can_swim

Star Member
Aug 1, 2015
Hi All,

On Dec 2nd, I received an email with the subject "Pret Pour Visa" which I can only equate to what you guys call PPR. I submitted my (and my wife's) passport promptly (in Mumbai, India) and I am hoping that they will return it with the landing visa and the CoPR docs.

I had a few questions:

1. Can someone please tell me if my first line is correct (regarding PPR, CoPR and landing visa).
2. Will we need any other visa to be stamped to actually travel? I've heard that I cant do air travel with just CoPR?
3. My meds expire Feb 2nd 2017. So I am assuming that we will be asked to finish our landing prior to that. Given that we are actually not looking to move to Canada (permanently) this early, we are just planning a short week long skiing trip to Whistler instead (mid Jan 2017). For that we will be landing in Vancouver, do you guys foresee any problems with that (apart from the fact that we wont be actually in possession of our PR card but our friends in Canada will be receiving it instead - which we are ok with).
4. For the landing itself I am carrying the following docs - Passport with Visa, CoPR and bank statements (from USA) showing greater than 20K CAD and my wife :p. I'll also carry my Indian bank statements (given that I am an Indian citizen) just to be on the safer side.
5. Is there anything else I need to do? Do you guys think its worth it to do an Alberta (Calgary) landing to get the health card setup (since there is no cooling off period)? If thats the case, we will just go skiing in Banff instead :p.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Regards,
Can_swim

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1 - Yes
2 - No - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1184&top=16
3 - That's fine.
4 - http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/landing-in-canada-all-you-need-to-know-t36735.0.html
5 - If you want to.