+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing questions

lieudefroid

Nov 29, 2015
Hi all,

We are landing in Saskatoon with family on June 3 and have some questions. We'll really appreciate help and answers from the helpful forum members since we are really anxious to know if we missed out something.

1. Taking Passports and CoPR, filled 186 and 186a forms with pictures of jewellery and E677 for money > 10K$ for landing at IO. Is there any other document that we have to fill? How about IMM5444E, is that required?

2. We've booked 6 days initial stay in a beautiful house in Airbnb. We are going to give this address at POE for PR Card.. and then change it later using the CSE link. I hope this is okay.

3. The list of things that I'm planning to do in the initial few days.
- finalise a lease for longer stay
- identify place for grocery shopping
- get a rental car, book appointment for written DL test before home country license can be used
- bank account
- SIN
- Health card
- DL
- Approach SODS and NICSTOON the newcomer info centers
- Find family doctor and locate his clinic
- Find school
- Find a library
- Get a mobile number and internet
- Get a TV and IPTV/Cable
- Arrange mattresses, pillows

OOPS. There are so many things to do.. Please let us know if we are totally missing something.

ellia

Nov 12, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
02-10-2015
AOR Received.
22-11-2015
Med's Done....
23-11-2015
Passport Req..
16-05-2016
LANDED..........
04-07-2016
lieudefroid said:
Hi all,

We are landing in Saskatoon with family on June 3 and have some questions. We'll really appreciate help and answers from the helpful forum members since we are really anxious to know if we missed out something.

1. Taking Passports and CoPR, filled 186 and 186a forms with pictures of jewellery and E677 for money > 10K$ for landing at IO. Is there any other document that we have to fill? How about IMM5444E, is that required?
I believe you're all set. By form 186 you mean the B4 'goods to follow', right? As for IMM5444E - I believe they'll order a PR card for you automatically, no need to bring the form.

2. We've booked 6 days initial stay in a beautiful house in Airbnb. We are going to give this address at POE for PR Card.. and then change it later using the CSE link. I hope this is okay.
That's okay. I've also read about people not giving any address at all, explaining that they'll update it once they have a more constant address. Not sure how long ago that was, though.

3. The list of things that I'm planning to do in the initial few days.
- finalise a lease for longer stay
- identify place for grocery shopping
- get a rental car, book appointment for written DL test before home country license can be used
- bank account
- SIN
- Health card
- DL
- Approach SODS and NICSTOON the newcomer info centers
- Find family doctor and locate his clinic
- Find school
- Find a library
- Get a mobile number and internet
- Get a TV and IPTV/Cable
- Arrange mattresses, pillows

OOPS. There are so many things to do.. Please let us know if we are totally missing something.

Again - I think you're all set. Just maybe don't try to squeeze all of that into just a few days, give yourself at least a week :) At lest for more important things like choosing a school or a place to live. Depending on where you're coming from, you might also need some time to battle jet lag. Good luck! :)