+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing questions and Advice.

sayadil

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
Hi
my wife and daughter both thankfully received the COPR and im already a PR.
we are getting cheaper tickets through US and we even want to spend 2-3 days in New York before traveling to Canada via road along with our US friends.
Need to know whether its okay to do landing through Road border? any specific port of entry Better to enter from Niagara Fall, NY side?
also we are only bringing clothes at this point, do we need to provide list clothes list? and if we don't know what items would follow next what should we type there?
Also we plan to take a one way ticket to New York and have our friends drive to Canada, will that be a problem at US since officer can see Wife and daughter have fresh Canadian immigration Residency Visas and not worry about a return ticket or an onward ticket ? what's the experience guys?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi
my wife and daughter both thankfully received the COPR and im already a PR.
we are getting cheaper tickets through US and we even want to spend 2-3 days in New York before traveling to Canada via road along with our US friends.
Need to know whether its okay to do landing through Road border? any specific port of entry Better to enter from Niagara Fall, NY side?
also we are only bringing clothes at this point, do we need to provide list clothes list? and if we don't know what items would follow next what should we type there?
Also we plan to take a one way ticket to New York and have our friends drive to Canada, will that be a problem at US since officer can see Wife and daughter have fresh Canadian immigration Residency Visas and not worry about a return ticket or an onward ticket ? what's the experience guys?
You can land through a road border. There is no "better" entry. You can check current conditions when you plan to land to see wait times.

If you are moving to Canada on this entry, you need to declare your goods and goods to follow. If you are doing a soft landing, you don't.

It should be fine entering the US. The airline may take issue with the one-way ticket.

Yeseniamoreta

Sep 3, 2018
Hola la hoja de confirmación que me dien de mi residencia permanente tiene la foto de mi hija que no me aconpaña y no la mia ?tendré problemas en el aeropuerto de montreal?creo que México la confundió con migo..ayuda ya tengo los tikes comprado de avion