+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing question

chasinglight

Apr 28, 2014
Toronto, ON
Visa Office......
Port Of Spain
Can someone who has gotten their COPR enter Canada and not do their landing? will that be a problem if the immigration officer has that info on file? My friend has to visit in December for a personal reason and wants to do her landing in January. Is that a problem?

Any advice would be appreciated.

BreakingBad

Oct 3, 2015
Mexico
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico VO
NOC Code......
Entering canada with a COPR is Landing. Landing is not a choice of a person or a special process.

Once PR Visa or (and )COPR is issued all other visas will be void.

adrlim

Nov 18, 2016
Can someone who has gotten their COPR enter Canada and not do their landing? will that be a problem if the immigration officer has that info on file? My friend has to visit in December for a personal reason and wants to do her landing in January. Is that a problem?

Any advice would be appreciated.
Yes provided you have a visitor visa or work visa. If you are asked why you are not doing your landing just tell them the reason. On the COPR there's a due date, as long as the landing is done prior to that date, you will be fine. Hope that helps.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Yes provided you have a visitor visa or work visa. If you are asked why you are not doing your landing just tell them the reason. On the COPR there's a due date, as long as the landing is done prior to that date, you will be fine. Hope that helps.
Nah, I don't think this is possible. If you have a PR visa and/or a COPR, all the other visas are deemed void when you land. You will "land" as a Permanent Resident in Canada.

adrlim

Nov 18, 2016
Nah, I don't think this is possible. If you have a PR visa and/or a COPR, all the other visas are deemed void when you land. You will "land" as a Permanent Resident in Canada.
Hi,

That's how I did it. As long as you don't land. Enter like you have a traveler's or work visa.