+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing Question

earlsfort

Sep 25, 2009
I was hoping that someone might be able to help me with this question. I am sponsoring my husband from outside Canada as I am a Canadian citizen and we plan to return to Canada this year. He has been approved for a PR card. My children are in the process of gaining Canadian Citizenship also. We would like for him to settle in Canada first and to find work and suitable schools etc for the children before we all make the permanent move to Canada. Would I be able to accompany him to Canada when he lands and for me then to return until a suitable time arrives or will myself and all my children have to accompany him when he lands?

Thanks.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
earlsfort said:
I was hoping that someone might be able to help me with this question. I am sponsoring my husband from outside Canada as I am a Canadian citizen and we plan to return to Canada this year. He has been approved for a PR card. My children are in the process of gaining Canadian Citizenship also. We would like for him to settle in Canada first and to find work and suitable schools etc for the children before we all make the permanent move to Canada. Would I be able to accompany him to Canada when he lands and for me then to return until a suitable time arrives or will myself and all my children have to accompany him when he lands?

Thanks.
It would be fine for him to land first and then have you return to wrap up your affairs while he settles the family in to Canada (you and your children don't need to accompany him and move when he lands).

earlsfort

Sep 25, 2009
Thanks for your help OhCanadiana, We're a bit confused. Before we began the process of applying for sponsoring it was mentioned to us that we would need to accompany my husband to land and then he could remain on in Canada while we return home. Financially it would be a lot easier if my husband could go ahead of us and then for the rest of the family to follow on at a suitable time.

can_usa_97

May 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/13/2010
AOR Received.
09/07/2010 in process 9/2
File Transfer...
08/12/2010
Med's Request
Rcv'd dtd 10/18
Med's Done....
06/22/2010
Interview........
Waived dtd 10/18
Passport Req..
11/04/2010
VISA ISSUED...
11/16/2010
LANDED..........
06/18/2011
OhCanadiana is correct, although my husband (the Canadian) was present when I landed it is not required. He actually moved before the kids & I. Came back and moved the Uhaul with us and waited on the side. They never spoke to him or acknowledged him.