Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
ttrajan said:
Immigration will be at first port of entry in Canada. Hence it will be in Toronto.

ellia

Nov 12, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
02-10-2015
AOR Received.
22-11-2015
Med's Done....
23-11-2015
Passport Req..
16-05-2016
LANDED..........
04-07-2016
mamaJM said:
They should be able to place you on the next flight if you miss your flight. I am assuming there will be several flights out of Toronto to Regina on a daily basis. You might want to check that for sure!
ttrajan said:
No problem. They will put you in the next flight, if it is delayed in the immigration.
I've been to a Canadian Orientation Abroad seminar in March, organized by IRCC and IOM, and they mentioned this common myth.
The truth is, it's not the air carrier's responsibility to make sure you can clear the immigration formalities and board your next flight.
The IOM officer said there have been a few exceptional cases where the air carrier had unoccupied seats on the next flight to the newcomer's destination, and they offered them out of goodwill. We can't expect, much less demand that.

Make sure you have enough time to clear immigration, and, as M.Mostafa and ttrajan already said, immigration will be at your first PoE simply because you'll be boarding a domestic flight afterwards and won't be crossing Canadian border again.

ginna.p

Star Member
Feb 16, 2016
ellia said:
I've been to a Canadian Orientation Abroad seminar in March, organized by IRCC and IOM, and they mentioned this common myth.
The truth is, it's not the air carrier's responsibility to make sure you can clear the immigration formalities and board your next flight.
The IOM officer said there have been a few exceptional cases where the air carrier had unoccupied seats on the next flight to the newcomer's destination, and they offered them out of goodwill. We can't expect, much less demand that.

Make sure you have enough time to clear immigration, and, as M.Mostafa and ttrajan already said, immigration will be at your first PoE simply because you'll be boarding a domestic flight afterwards and won't be crossing Canadian border again.

Very true. That is why airports have different terminals for domestic flights and international flights. Terminals for international flight arrivals have to go through immigration counters (mandatory). From Toronto to SK is a domestic flight and you will not go through immigration counters. Right after you land in SK, you will be headed directly to baggage claim and you will be going on your way.

Good luck!

rcoder13

Mar 21, 2012
Ahmedabad
Visa Office......
NDVO
Correct. I called to Airlines and confirm it. Immigration will be @Toronto as Toronto to Regina is a domestic flight.

VIMALPATEL87

Jan 6, 2017
Hello Rcoder13,

Can you share your experience here with me? I have a same situation, my layover is only 2 hr 20 mins at Toronto Airport. My flight will arrive at 13:40 PM at Toronto and my connecting flight to regina is at 16:00 PM. Can you please guide me what should I do? Should I change flight?