+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing Question after COPR

timbaktu

Nov 1, 2018
Hi,

I received COPR as a primary applicant and my spouse as secondary applicant. I am planning to land in Canada before COPR expiration date but my spouse can not travel before her COPR expiration date because of medical issues. Is it okay for me as a primary applicant to travel alone? What happens to my spouse? Can she come later after COPR expiration?

Thank you!

ContactFront

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2017
You can land alone.

Once CoPR expires, it's gone. She can travel to Canada if she has a valid TRV but you'll have to submit a sponsorship application for her if she wants to become PR. The sponsorship application could take a year and you are required to stay in Canada during the process. If she doesn't have a valid TRV, you two could be separated for a long time

SonaCanada

Star Member
Mar 21, 2016
Hai there.
My query is also the same, I am the primary applicant my husband and son are dependents, our COPR expires on 5th of may 2020 due to covid 19 our travel plans got disturbed, there are no flights from kuwait now, my query is do we can travel (myself and son) can do our landing and my husband can land later seperately but before the expiry.

Please Advise.