Med's Done....
December 18, 2012
Passport Req..
April 24, 2013
LANDED..........
March 5, 2013
mickeyindia said:
awesome folks..
is there any limit on jewellery we can bring?
Do they ask for receipts of purchase of the jewels. I am afraid we have maintained receipts of the jewels my spouse may bring..
please advise...
We didn't have anything appraised just took pictures and listed what we paid for it, and like I said they really didn't look at any of it, just took our word for it and stamped the B4 and we were on our way. I think it's all who you get.

Keep cool

Dec 18, 2012
treefour said:
We didn't have anything appraised just took pictures and listed what we paid for it, and like I said they really didn't look at any of it, just took our word for it and stamped the B4 and we were on our way. I think it's all who you get.
What about the jewellery .. You should mention the value as of today or the time you bought it .

Can you take tv from India ?

treefour

Dec 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 27, 2012
AOR Received.
December 31, 2012
Med's Done....
December 18, 2012
Passport Req..
April 24, 2013
LANDED..........
March 5, 2013
I put down the value we paid for it, as for the TV, sure you can bring it if you want. For the electronics, I listed the make, model and serial number. The one computer I brought back, i listed as "home built computer" and what I paid for the parts and the extra hard drives, camera's, etc. I just listed misc. computer parts and what I thought it was worth.

When I went to give him the supporting docs, he said he didn't need to see any of it. We didn't have a lot though, about $10000 dollars worth of stuff.

my experience was great, after all the paper work we still had to get the 10 bags, a bike, 3 carry-ons, a stroller, and 2 small kids, 4 trolleys worth of stuff out the door and they helped us through the door, for heaven sakes.

Just get the forms done before hand and be organized, everything should be good.