24-12-2009
Passport Req..
08-04-2010
VISA ISSUED...
19-04-2010
LANDED..........
29-08-2010
Dear members.

My spouse (Canadian) and I (Brit) won't be arriving in Canada until the summer, but I have been researching/trying to figure out what documents I need when I enter Canada. Now I know there are many posts on this forum with regards to 'landing experience' but I just need some clarification on some items.

Besides my passport and the COPR, what else do I need?

I've read that because I'm 'family class' I don't have to show proof of funds, just what I have on me - is that correct?

The PR card application is done at port of entry right, so there's no need to fill out an application before I land?

Now, my spouse (Canadian) and I (Brit) will be travelling together from Korea to Canada. We have been living in rented, fully furnished accommodation for a while, so therefore besides my laptop, a few computer accessories and a suitcase full of clothes, do I need to state/complete the forms regarding 'goods I'm bringing in' or 'goods to follow'?

Hopefully someone can advise/share their landing experience with me.

Many thanks.

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Besides my passport and the COPR, what else do I need?

It is not mandatory for you to bring anything else than the PP and COPR. You should keep the address and phone number with you, for which the IO may ask you. Also keep few small notes or CAD coins if possible the can be used for getting trolley for baggage claim.

I've read that because I'm 'family class' I don't have to show proof of funds, just what I have on me - is that correct?

You can keep some own cash and funds which they don't ask unless it exceeds $10,000/- you don't have to mention.

The PR card application is done at port of entry right, so there's no need to fill out an application before I land?

The COPR is the form for PR card information. They may ask whether you have to change the address or not.

Now, my spouse (Canadian) and I (Brit) will be travelling together from Korea to Canada. We have been living in rented, fully furnished accommodation for a while, so therefore besides my laptop, a few computer accessories and a suitcase full of clothes, do I need to state/complete the forms regarding 'goods I'm bringing in' or 'goods to follow'?

If it is carried with you accompanied baggage, no need for any other form other than the embarkation form distributed in the airplane before landing.
Just tell to the customs officer what you have.

camarsden

Dec 10, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
Category........
Visa Office......
Seoul
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
AOR Received.
01-04-2010
Med's Done....
24-12-2009
Passport Req..
08-04-2010
VISA ISSUED...
19-04-2010
LANDED..........
29-08-2010
Hi there.

Thanks for your reply and very informative answers.

It was the 'goods to follow list' that I really needed clarification on and you've helped me to do that.

Many thanks.