Landing Process Completed with Withdrawn Charges

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
Hi Guys

I am posting my experience for those who are curious about PR landing with withdrawn charges. A little background story from my end. I went a 3 week vacation outside of Canada and came back in June 2018 at Vancouver International Airport to complete my landing as PR. First of all, there is no declaration cards given on the plane before landing in Vancouver anymore. You will need to get off the plane and go to the computer like kiosks and fill out the declaration cards there. Once you fill them out, it will automatically print a receipt and you will show it together with your passport to the CBSA Customs Agent.

After that you will go grab your luggage and again you will meet a CBSA customs agent and they will refer you to where you will complete your landing. So here is where it gets tricky for me personally, I was first asked whether i have any pending criminal charges and i said no because not once in my life i was arrested in my home country and in Canada. The CBSA officers then asked me are you sure about this and again i insisted no i have no knowledge of any pending charges against me. After that CBSA revealed that i had a outstanding warrant issued against me. I was so shocked because i honestly had no idea so the CBSA kept asking over and over again and i honestly again said I have no idea what they were talking about.

After that CBSA went to check what the warrant was for and they said to me, did you lost your wallet at a gas station somewhere and i said yes i did but the cashier found it for me again. So the CBSA officers told me I left a Petro Canada forgetting to pay gas ($50) and since the Petro Canada was in a different city to where i live, they issued a warrant out looking for me. After that awful ordeal, CBSA officers said its okay but they couldn't land me at Vancouver while there is a pending charge against me so they give me a Further Examination form and told me to get the charges withdrawn and land in the nearest Airport which was Regina International Airport in SK.

After that they took my passport and let me leave and enter Canada. Fast forward to last Saturday, I got my charges withdrawn without the need of paying any fines or attending court. I finally landed as PR at Regina International Airport. I was scheduled to see CBSA officers at 1 pm which i arrived on time for. After that they took all my documents including documents proving my charges was withdrawn.

After that they confirmed my details again but when it came to the question whether have you been charged/convicted, refused admission etc, I said Yes i was charged but the two CBSA officers said we checked our systems and there is no criminal record for you so the answer should be no and they wrote no and had me initial next to it. I confirmed with them again and they said its fine because to CBSA as all you have no criminal convictions, the answer is No.

Soon after that i was all done and processed and the CBSA officers congratulated me and that was it. I am finally relived that its all over because i was so stressed about been charged and a warrant was issued against me but it all worked out.

Hopefully my experience can shed some light into those who are facing somewhat a situation like me.

Last edited:
Reactions: nikhilbanga.ca