+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing procedure for Temporary Resident

Goggi

Sep 10, 2013
Dear members.
I would be grateful if anybody could explain me what are the Landing procedure for a Temporary Resident. I plan to bring some goods with me in luggage and some goods to be sent by Post in parcels. What are the Forms and lists that I have to fill? I am a bit puzzled because the official web-pages say that all these forms (duty-free import of things, form B4 etc) are for permanent residents or for those who plan to work for >36 months. I would be grateful if anybody could share the experience or clarify the issue.
Thank you.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Goggi said:
Dear members.
I would be grateful if anybody could explain me what are the Landing procedure for a Temporary Resident. I plan to bring some goods with me in luggage and some goods to be sent by Post in parcels. What are the Forms and lists that I have to fill? I am a bit puzzled because the official web-pages say that all these forms (duty-free import of things, form B4 etc) are for permanent residents or for those who plan to work for >36 months. I would be grateful if anybody could share the experience or clarify the issue.
Thank you.
If you are not coming for more that 36 months, then the goods have to removed from Canada when you leave. No forms.

blitzk

Star Member
Jan 15, 2013
Singapore
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-02-2013 and 02-11-2012
Nomination.....
23-09-2012
AOR Received.
22-Mar-2013 (NS-CIO);08-May-2013 (SGVO)
PMM said:
Hi

If you are not coming for more that 36 months, then the goods have to removed from Canada when you leave. No forms.
Thanks @PMM that is informative. What if I want to bring in some goods in a box that will follow later? Can we also fill up the 'Goods to follow' form? or no need also?