+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing & PR Card

DreamBig2017

Nov 24, 2017
Hello,

I work in Quebec. I applied PR (without CSQ) with the intention of moving to Ontario as my project was going to end soon but it is now extended by 6 months. I got the COPR and want to do my landing & apply PR card. However, I will do landing in Toronto but my residence is in Quebec. Though I will move to Toronto eventually but after 6 months but by that time my PR visa will expire. What can be done in this situation?

Please reply, I would be grateful!!

Thanks!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You need to provide a non-Quebec address for the mailing of your PR card - otherwise you may run into problems landing.

DreamBig2017

Nov 24, 2017
But can I still say that I work in montreal? Will canada border service ask for proof of living in non-quebec province?

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Hello,

I work in Quebec. I applied PR (without CSQ) with the intention of moving to Ontario as my project was going to end soon but it is now extended by 6 months. I got the COPR and want to do my landing & apply PR card. However, I will do landing in Toronto but my residence is in Quebec. Though I will move to Toronto eventually but after 6 months but by that time my PR visa will expire. What can be done in this situation?

Thanks!
you could go to the POE St Bernard de Lacolle to ask what you should do or call 1 888 242 2100.

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
Hello,

Thanks!
Finish landing formalities outside Quebec and tell CBSA agent that you do not have any permanent address in Canada and will submit address via Fax. CBSA will give you a form to fill up and fax. At this point you will become a Permanent Resident of Canada and no longer need to prove intention to settle outside of Quebec.

Fill up form with Quebec address and fax it to receive PR card.

Reactions: lino82