lima
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
voided
LANDED..........
april the 4th 2009
hello everyone,
just wanted to share my landing experience.
My daughter and I left Lima a week ago and were flying to Calgary with a stop at Pearson airport in Toronto.
Once we got there we were asked to go to the immigration office which had a looooooooooong line, and only about 4 agents on duty. Anyways i only had 2 hours between flights, and also had to pick up my luggage, so of course, we missed the second plane. .. The immigration officer, I wouldnt say was nice or rude, just seemed very strict but hey its their job...
So she asked:
-Who's child is this?
Mine
-Where is the father?
in Calgary
-Let me look at her
(I parked the stroller closer and she compared her and the passport picture)
-Do you have an address to mail your PR card to?
Gave her my bf's address
- How much money do you bring?
I bring xxxx amount
-Are your bringing all your stuff with you?
Yes I am.
-Do you have the letter of authorization of the father to travel with the child?
Yes, here it is (and showed her my bfs notarized letter of authorization to travel with our daughter)

Then she proceed to staple one of the copies of the letter of comfirmation of PR on my passport and explained to me it wasnt a travel document and I would be receiving my PR card on the mail in some few weeks.
Then she said "welcome to Canada"... although she was so serious I think it sounded fake :p
But whatever we are here now, missed the connection plane, but took another one few hours later.
Now we are in Calgary all happily together :p

PEarson airport was a bit dissapointing though, since they probably know there was a big traffic on early hours and had no enough immigration officers for all the people they had to check papers to, also there was an EMPTY stand of brochures with all the info for your new life in Canada, but no one to hand them (maybe cause there was NOTHING to be handed there)
Anyways Im very happy we are home now, and that the process was fast, sent everything to Mississagua on october 14th 2008 and the visa office approved our application on feb the 24th 2009.

Now , would anybody know... how do i apply for healthcare in Alberta?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thefairy said:
Now , would anybody know... how do i apply for healthcare in Alberta?
They seem to be allowing people to apply at Registries now, see http://www.health.alberta.ca/health-care-insurance-plan.html

jambaloni

Star Member
Dec 23, 2008
I'm curious about our case where the father of my wife's daughter is not on the birth certificate. He took off to Manila after she got pregnant and she hasn't had any contact with him since nor does she have any clue as to his whereabouts. If they're going to ask for a "letter" from the father, we can't provide it. I hope the birth certificate from NSO indicating no father will be sufficient.

Thanks for sharing your landing experience. And, genuinely, welcome to Canada!

thefairy

Star Member
Nov 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
lima
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
voided
LANDED..........
april the 4th 2009
if the name of the father isnt on the birth certificate i doubt you will have any problem, but probably will need to show the original of the birth certificate.
I needed different documentation to:
1. Get out of the country
2. Canada immigration

Each country has its own rules and regulations, maybe this site can help you: http://www.voyage.gc.ca/preparation_information/consent-letter_lettre-consentement-eng.asp