+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing paper lost – need to apply citizenship

liz9000

Jan 13, 2011
Hi ,

I know this issue must have been discussed before. I was to apply for my citizenship and realized that I have lost my landing paper. I called CIC and they told that it will take 6 months to get a copy. I wanted to know that can I submit my citizenship application without landing paper. As soon as I receive the landing paper after six months; I will submit it to CIC.

Please advise if this is the right way to move forward.

Thanks

Mango91

Star Member
Nov 20, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think you should wait until you get landing paper.
Since it is a required documents, if it is not within you application, they will return your application.

EasyRider

Oct 12, 2008
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
liz9000 said:
I know this issue must have been discussed before. I was to apply for my citizenship and realized that I have lost my landing paper. I called CIC and they told that it will take 6 months to get a copy. I wanted to know that can I submit my citizenship application without landing paper. As soon as I receive the landing paper after six months; I will submit it to CIC.

I don't know if it's possible, but you can try to dig into "proceed with incomplete application" option. It's mentioned here, for example. There's secondary evidence of landing anyway, like PR card, and landing should be reflected in the FOSS system that CIC uses for immigration checks anyway.

liz9000

Jan 13, 2011
Hi Mango91 & EasyRider

Kindly can you help me in sharing the timeline when the new application which is submitted for citizenship is opened for assessment?

Since I have lost the landing paper; I will request for reissuance of immigration document which at least takes 6 months. In the meantime, I will be submitting the application and will notify them that landing paper was lost; this will be resubmitted once it is received from CIC office.

My main intention is that my application is in que while copy of landing paper is reissued to me.
Please share your thoughts on this ; will be really grateful

Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I think there's a good chance your citizenship application will be returned to you as incomplete if it's missing the CORP. However you can always try and see what happens.

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
liz9000 said:
Hi ,

Thanks
Last September I helped a buddy to complete his citizenship application. we found out that he has lost his landing papers. We sent the application without the landing paper and included a letter why we cannot proivde the landing paer and also indicated that we have applied for one (which takes 6 months). the application was accepted and is in process since jan 10. make sure you a) include a letter of explanantion 2) apply for landing paper as well. I am not saying that yours will be accepted as well but I wanted to give you a 'real life' example rather than saying 'i think'...

good luck bud.

liz9000

Jan 13, 2011
Hi ,

Thank you so much

Kindly can you provide approximate dates :
- approximate date when application was submitted
- approximate date when approval was received

Thanks once again