Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
30-08-2016, AOR2 - 16-09-2016
Med's Done....
06-07-2016
do you guys know what documents should i bring with me for landing? besides my passport and copr of course :)

AAzzzzzz

Oct 5, 2017
do you guys know what documents should i bring with me for landing? besides my passport and copr of course :)[/QUOTE

Sailing in the same boat :)

I live in Canada but flying to my home country tonight. Landing back on Jan 6 2018 with my COPR and passport.
Do i need any other documents during my landing such as my old permits, passport pic etc.

Please help

vladikim

Star Member
Nov 24, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
06-07-2016
I found this info on CIC website:

In either case, you will have to show the officer:

• your passport, travel or identity document (including your visa sticker, if you have one), and
  • your Confirmation of Permanent Residence, permanent resident visa, Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ), letter of introduction or any instructions from the Canadian visa office, and
  • your proof of legal status in Canada, such as a valid work permit, study permit, temporary resident permit, or visitor document, or any immigration document you have (whether valid or not), or
  • proof of implied status (if you applied to extend your stay before it ended). Proof of this status may include:
    • payment receipt,
    • copy of your application to extend your stay,
    • printout of online application, or
    • proof of mailing.
Note: You must leave Canada, enter another country and re-enter Canada to become a permanent resident at an international airport or Canadian land border.

*I also saw that someone said we need to present a proof of address in Canada. Also POF but i think it does not apply to CEC category.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I found this info on CIC website:

In either case, you will have to show the officer:

• your passport, travel or identity document (including your visa sticker, if you have one), and
  • your Confirmation of Permanent Residence, permanent resident visa, Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ), letter of introduction or any instructions from the Canadian visa office, and
  • your proof of legal status in Canada, such as a valid work permit, study permit, temporary resident permit, or visitor document, or any immigration document you have (whether valid or not), or
  • proof of implied status (if you applied to extend your stay before it ended). Proof of this status may include:
    • payment receipt,
    • copy of your application to extend your stay,
    • printout of online application, or
    • proof of mailing.
Note: You must leave Canada, enter another country and re-enter Canada to become a permanent resident at an international airport or Canadian land border.

*I also saw that someone said we need to present a proof of address in Canada. Also POF but i think it does not apply to CEC category.
No such thing as having to present "proof of address", you simply need to provide an address for IRCC to send your PR card to.

fireal.jon

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
Kelowna, BC
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-08-2017
AOR Received.
15-08-2017
Med's Done....
14-09-2016
Passport Req..
06-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
23-11-2017
LANDED..........
02-12-2017
When I flag-polled I was asked for a document showing my address. I gave them my RCMP fingerprints letter. Any letter with name and address would have worked tho. I was CEC Inland.

Reactions: VARUN_HII

vladikim

Star Member
Nov 24, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
06-07-2016
Did my landing today at Pearson Airport. The office did not ask any documents such as WP's or proof of address, only asked where i want my pr card to be mailed.

The funny thing is that the officers at Pearson Airport did not know that only a certain number of people can land at the land boarders. The officer who was signing my doc's asked me why I land by plane instead of crossing by land. After I told him that there been cases when people couldn't land as they were advised the quota for the day has been reached and people were asked to try another time or other ports of entry. The officer was quite surprised and said that he has heard about this from another people, however it is not legal he said. Because basically officers cannot refuse landing unless special circumstance and there is no such thing as a certain number of people who can land or a quota for a day.