+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing Interview Tomorrow - A few questions

epmarshall

Oct 11, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

My landing interview is tomorrow at a CIC office. I only got the email a few days ago, so I just want to make sure I've got everything ready as a last minute check.

From reading other posts on landings, it seems like the process consists of answering a few basic questions and bringing the basic things they ask for like my passport, photos, receipt for RPRF, CoPR, proof of address, etc.

Will there be a Service Canada in there as well to get my SIN after?

Also, I don't really know what to do about goods to follow. I'm in Canada already and most of the things I need are already here. I didn't have much to bring up since it was my first move out of my family's home. I'd have to look through my old room, which I can't do right now. If there are a few small things I find that I want later, can I get them at another time? I understand they won't be duty free later, though.

Thanks so much to this forum for all the help in getting here! We really appreciate it. Sorry for such a broad topic, but I just wanted to post in case I forgot anything glaring.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Each office differs. If there is no Service Canada available in the same office, there will be one nearby (usually) that you can get your SIN from. As far as goods to follow on an inland landing, you should have your documents ready and bring them with you, the officer there will usually stamp it for you. If you don't really know if you'll have goods later, then you can just ignore this part. If you go home later and realize there are a few items you wish to have, you can likely just ship them to yourself in Canada, or carry them with you. Depending on what kinds of things they are, you aren't likely to encounter much resistance or request for 'duties' to import them, based on your description.

Congrats on your new life!

Reactions: epmarshall

epmarshall

Oct 11, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Each office differs. If there is no Service Canada available in the same office, there will be one nearby (usually) that you can get your SIN from. As far as goods to follow on an inland landing, you should have your documents ready and bring them with you, the officer there will usually stamp it for you. If you don't really know if you'll have goods later, then you can just ignore this part. If you go home later and realize there are a few items you wish to have, you can likely just ship them to yourself in Canada, or carry them with you. Depending on what kinds of things they are, you aren't likely to encounter much resistance or request for 'duties' to import them, based on your description.

Congrats on your new life!
Thanks, Alurra!

Okay, so I don't even need to bring the form for the goods and I can get them later if I find there's something. Also, in case it changes anything I applied outland but was staying in Canada. I appreciate your help!

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Thanks, Alurra!

Okay, so I don't even need to bring the form for the goods and I can get them later if I find there's something. Also, in case it changes anything I applied outland but was staying in Canada. I appreciate your help!
It doesn't change anything so no worries. :D

epmarshall

Oct 11, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just another quick concern I had if anyone could help me out. I checked my CoPR and I'm not sure if the IME number is correct or not. I can't find it anywhere, except on the 1017 medical form they sent me, but that form was a mistake.

I sent an upfront medical that they did accept, they just made a mistake and sent the 1017 medical request form and never made me fill it out. But that mistaken form does contain an IME that is different from the one listed on my CoPR. But because that form wasn't ever supposed to be sent, maybe that wasn't even my correct IME number and the CoPR is right?

Should I bring this up at the landing? Thanks again in advance, everyone.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Just another quick concern I had if anyone could help me out. I checked my CoPR and I'm not sure if the IME number is correct or not. I can't find it anywhere, except on the 1017 medical form they sent me, but that form was a mistake.

I sent an upfront medical that they did accept, they just made a mistake and sent the 1017 medical request form and never made me fill it out. But that mistaken form does contain an IME that is different from the one listed on my CoPR. But because that form wasn't ever supposed to be sent, maybe that wasn't even my correct IME number and the CoPR is right?

Should I bring this up at the landing? Thanks again in advance, everyone.
Don't worry about it. They know what number you're supposed to have ;) The only number you would concern yourself with is your UCI. That one is the one you use to identify yourself with them.

epmarshall

Oct 11, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Don't worry about it. They know what number you're supposed to have ;) The only number you would concern yourself with is your UCI. That one is the one you use to identify yourself with them.
Thank you so much again, Alurra! Alright, I won't even bother bringing it up in that case. It seemed kind of confusing to explain, especially considering they gave me that number anyway, it wasn't even something I was involved with. My UCI is correct, so I will just consider it fine.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Thank you so much again, Alurra! Alright, I won't even bother bringing it up in that case. It seemed kind of confusing to explain, especially considering they gave me that number anyway, it wasn't even something I was involved with. My UCI is correct, so I will just consider it fine.
The IME is ONLY used to identify/access your medical results. If you managed to get your DM then they got what they needed even if the numbers you have don't match up.